I made another attempt at healthy cookies yesterday. Since they are pretty much all gone, I'll say they were a success! I took a standard oatmeal cookie recipe and tweaked it. For the sugar, I did half brown sugar and half agave nectar. I used half the amount of butter and used coconut oil for the rest. Whole wheat flour, oats, nuts. Not bad for a cookie! Last time I added ground flax seed, but forgot this time. I would say they are semi-healthy cookies. They ARE cookies after all! The only thing I might do differently next time would be to use a little less agave nectar. I think it called for a total of 2 cups of sugar. I did one cup brown sugar and one cup agave nectar. The cookies are plenty sweet and very very soft. A little less "wet" would have been good.
I have redeemed myself after making cumin cookies! Of course, when I told Eric I made cookies and didn't add cumin he asked me if I had added curry. :-)
1 comment:
Eric is funny! :O)
You should make your own baking book :O) I am trying to get back in shape and lose my pregnancy pounds, but I still have strong cravings for candy and cookies. Healthy cookies would be good for me so I would buy your baking book :O)
I love to read your postings even though I don’t comment often, my English is not very good and I am a little worried I might write something strange without knowing it.. :O)
Take care!
Post a Comment