Lately I seem to have neither of these qualities. I think I've decided I have the 7 year itch with homeschooling. Pretty similar to the 7 year itch in marriage. You're tired of it, but don't really want out. Just want a break! This is our 7th year homeschooling and I'm just tired of it. I don't want to quit, can not even imagine not homeschooling, but I just want to not do it for a while. Of course that applies to anything responsible too. Can I just jump back in time about 17 years and be an irresponsible adult for a month? Do what I want, when I want, how I want, without interruption? Ahhh, that does just sound heavenly right now. I've realized that I need an extra boost of perseverance right now. Any ideas how to get that??
And patience. Sigh. At some point, we were told that we might/should know about our next military assignment on February 23. I tucked that information away and thought I was good to go - no worries at all. But I AM thinking about it. I AM waiting very impatiently for February 23. Of course, as the day draws closer, I realize that this is the military we are talking about here. Just because someone somewhere at some point in time said February 23 does not mean ANYTHING! AND, February 23 was the day they tell SOME people about their future assignments. Not necessarily us. Sigh. I do think we can make the assumption that if we hear nothing tomorrow we are moving. Where? Who knows, don't ask. So could tomorrow hurry up and get here already? I mean, if I'm moving I need to start figuring out what has to be done to get our house on the market. I need to replace a couple lights, fix the floor in the laundry room, redo the laundry room, replace the broken blinds, box up half our belongings, keep the house pristine, be ready to leave with short notice to show the house, ... If we aren't moving, I want to rearrange the basement, redo the laundry room and, hmmm, maybe that's it! Oh, and if we're moving I have to decide how soon I should just pack up the kids and get out of here so the house can actually stay clean!
Patience. Perseverance. HELP!!
2 comments:
is it possible to have the 7 month itch with homeschooling :)
i'll be praying for you tommorrow. like you said, no news doesn't necessarily mean anything.
whatever happens- it's just part of the journey!
I agree with Lara. If there is such a thing as a seven month itch I have it too. Actually I think I have had some sort of "itch" every month since beginning this process.
Didn't you just move? Hopefully you don't have to move and if you do I hope it's Edwards. (I know you are cursing me right now. Maybe you should pray selflessness for me.) :)
Post a Comment