Do you ever feel like the world is against you? Or that it's just playing cruel jokes?
Truthfully, I believe God is in control, I know it isn't the "world" and "fate". :-) But, right now, I'm trying to make a BIG decision.
See, we were supposed to leave for a trip tomorrow. To visit my parents, in Dallas, for the first time in 5 years. We've seen my parents tons in that time, just not there! We've lived so far away for so long and usually just flew to Colorado to see more family and my parents would come here. But I really want my kids to see their grandparents house. Ya know? I mean, all kids should know what their grandparents house looks like, shouldn't they? Plus I just really like to travel and get out of town every now and then!! We haven't gone anywhere since we moved last summer.
Let me just give you a recap of our week. David has complained of a stomach ache for days. It hasn't slowed him down, but he's been a little yucky when he goes to the bathroom (enough info). Little Bit got sick Sunday night, we assumed it was a stomach virus, but yesterday found out she has another SEVERE UTI. Bad enough they gave her a shot of antibiotics. She's doing a bit better today - lower fever and sleeping on her own. We have been needing to get a larger vehicle to fit our family of 7, so we went out and bought "The Beast" this week. Yep, 12 passenger van. We bought it now due to the upcoming trip, although we were going to buy it soon enough anyway. Dawn is tired of being squished in the back between 2 car seats and we're all tired of feeling squished in that car! Due to all of this, I'm feeling less than ready to travel. Oh, did I mention the 10 inches of snow we're supposed to get tonight? And the fact that we had to find someone to house sit TODAY because of the dog fight at my house so my sister can't watch the dog? And that we have a birthday party to attend this afternoon and the kids were going to Disney on Ice with Old Man tonight? (The snow is probably going to prevent that.) All this to say I don't feel ready!!!!! We moved our leave date to Saturday morning. We have a wonderful person coming to stay here and watch the dog and cat. Things are starting to look better.
And then my sister called. She came over yesterday with her kids and helped me - held the baby, cleaned my kitchen, put away some laundry. She called to tell me that she thinks her son has chicken pox. ARGH. Now what? Should we cancel our trip? Go and hope noone gets it until we get back? Crawl in bed, eat a bunch of chocolate, drink a bottle of wine and sleep for the next week?
I better call her back and see if this is for real. I think I'm living a bad dream this week.
3 comments:
Wow Tonya, that's a tough one. I can identify because we're getting ready to leave Wednesday (kids and me) to drive to my parents' house, and I would really not want to cancel that. And I probably wouldn't. I'll pray that if God doesn't want you to go, there will be so much snow that you won't be able to, so it will be really clear! (And I'm definitely praying for the baby, poor thing, and also that the Lord will protect you from chicken pox!)
I'm back, and this time Bob and I have some questions about your van purchase (how exciting!). We've been looking around at them, since we no longer fit in our minivan, and we have to take 2 vans to church, out to eat, etc. What make/model did you get? Did you buy new or used? Through a dealer? How is it to drive and park? And lastly, what color is it? Bob doesn't really want a white one, but that seems to be mainly what we are finding (I really don't care about color, LOL). Thanks!
okay, I just saw this. Not that I am totally crazy about my kids getting chicken pox, but right now I wouldn't mind just getting it out of the way:o) I don't have any little babies right now, so it wouldn't be terribly bad. Let me know what your sister thinks it is for sure.
Post a Comment