We did take that trip to Dallas. You probably guessed that though. And guess what - my nephew did NOT have chicken pox after all, so good thing we went and had a great time.
Yes, we actually had a great time on a trip! Wow. Part of that is because we went to see my family. They all love my kids, my kids love them and I did next to nothing all week. I was actually pretty lazy. Didn't cook, didn't clean, didn't think, didn't walk around, drank tons of coffee, ate what was served and enjoyed people. Thanks to my mom and my sister-in-law for understanding that I'm just one tired, old, momma who needed a break! Oh, and did I mention that Little Bit was the reason they all tolerated me? If I hadn't brought such a cute baby, they would have all made me work! :-)
We actually visited two places I used to live on this trip. We traveled first to a little spot called Indiahoma, Oklahoma where I lived in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. I haven't been back there since I was 17. We visited the church we attended while we lived there and went by the house we lived in. The church hasn't changed a huge amount, but the house wasn't looking so great (made me sad!). Thanks to friends at the church we even had lunch and they made Indian Fry Bread - oh yum. A treat I haven't had in YEARS.
Going back to places I lived and having more time to think than normal really brought the issue of my many moves to the forefront of my mind. I dreamed up lots of blogs about it, we'll see how many get posted! :-) For now I need to run. Now that I'm back to "normal", I've been cooking, cleaning, teaching, refereeing, basically running around like crazy! Little Bit is fussing right now, so gotta take care of her ...
4 comments:
I'm so glad you went, and that no one got sick! The best vacations are the ones where you don't have to do anything, and other people entertain and watch the kids! I'm enjoying that out here right now. It's great that you got some rest!
I've been wondering where you were, I'm glad your back and you had fun!
Yay that you got a chance to rest!
your dad told brent's dad you're coming to g.gramma's bday; is it true?! YAY i'm so excited to see you!! and meet your last 2 kids!!
Post a Comment