After our stressful week last week, I was really looking forward to this week being a little less stressful. Old Man is traveling and I thought we would just hang out, slow down, keep the house messy (sorry honey), eat "easier" meals (ie junk). I would get some time to myself in the evenings. I had such high hopes!
Enter Sunday afternoon. Our cat is missing. Our sweet, loved, fun, indoor, not fixed, cat, Cami. She is Anne's cat. We realized Sunday afternoon that she hadn't been seen all day and was not in the house. She's still missing. I woke up at 6:30 this morning to two bawling girls, in my bed, because Cami is still gone and it snowed 5 inches overnight. We've all been in tears off and on today. I keep checking outside, checking in the garage, going outside and calling for her. Nothing. My heart aches and my stomach hurts at the thought that she could be gone.
We also have a cough/cold going around the kids. After the bawling this morning, three of the kids were coughing. So I have 3 kids coughing, 2 crying, 1 still recovering from all the torture we put her through last week and Old Man left town. Ahhh, the joys of being an adult. Can someone please tell me why we ever wanted to grow up??? Seriously here, why? What is the benefit?
And to top off the start of my week, the girls had a track meet tonight. Dressed the boys in long underwear, sweats, coats, hats and took blankets. We lasted outside for about 15 minutes and then went and waited in the car. When I got home I checked the temperature (for laughs). 36 degrees, wind chill of 25. Nice. The girls did well though! Anne came in 2nd for the 400 meter "dash?" and Dawn tied for 1st in the 800 meter run. Not sure on their times, but I'm guessing it was around 4 minutes (or less) for Anne and about 7 minutes for Dawn. Yeah, they get their speed from me. (You can start laughing now!)
When does life get to be fun? When do we get to relax? When do we get enough sleep and feel rested? Am I doomed with feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, stressed, spent, worn out... for the rest of my life?
2 comments:
Um...when your kids grow up? It's just a phase; you'll get through it.
Tonya, You poor thing! It does seem as if you have gotten more than your share lately. I will be praying for you and that you can find some solace in the junk you are going to eat for dinner. :)
Post a Comment