Not sure how to start this post, but I noticed my last post started with telling you that Little Bit DOES have a UTI. So I will start this post by saying Little Bit does NOT have a UTI. Confused? I am!
I still don't know where to start here! In January she spiked a super high fever, we took her to an acute care clinic close to the house. They "bagged" her instead of catheterizing her (cath-ing from here on out - not typing that word again!). Severe UTI. Sent it to the lab and it "grew" something on it. We kept her on antibiotics for SIX weeks until we could have some tests run on her. Invasive, painful tests run on her.
March - another high fever (over 104), back to the acute care clinic, bagged again, another UTI. Antibiotics for another 10 days.
April - well, you can read about this "UTI" on the previous post. I took her back to the doctor yesterday (Thursday) and they gave her another shot of rocephrine since she still had a pretty good fever. Today, I call the doctor to find out if they have the cultures from her urine back yet. Yep, NOTHING grew on them. NOTHING. NO UTI. What? So what is going on here?
The doctor thinks it was either just a virus (you can imagine how I feel at this point - I've had her poked, not done any school, not slept, worried myself sick for a VIRUS?) OR a blood infection. Now, there is NO way we can prove either one. And the reason it could have been a blood infection? Because she hasn't been immunized yet. Nice plug for immunizations and to scare a parent into them Doctor. :-(
My guess? She had a virus. We have a family history of very very high fevers with a virus (both Old Man, Dawn and David - over 104, all the tests run, nothing wrong).
This week has just been so awful! I'm thankful she doesn't have a UTI, don't get me wrong here. It's just that we've been through "has to be a kidney infection", "could be appendicitis", "may need to hospitalize her", etc. this week. FEAR people. FEAR. And all, most likely, for a virus.
I keep thinking that God has a plan for all this. What is His plan here??? Any clues?
3 comments:
Yeah, avoid doctors. I'm being somewhat sarcastic, of course.
Oh, Tonya, what a week! We also get high fevers with viruses, so hopefully that was it, but still . . . to have all that done for nothing. And the shots would not have kept anything away, unless she happens to have measles or mumps! You can't immunize against viruses! Good grief! Anyhow, I pray she is better soon, and that you have a more restful week next week!
WOW! Obviously, I am thankful nothing strange is going on with the uti issue, but I am so sorry all this was such a hard week. I don't know but I do know God wants us to not fear and trust Him...the loving father that He is and to remember that all things are filtered through His loving hands. Even things that are no fun at all. I pray she is feeling well soon and for you, too.
Post a Comment