Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Minnicator

Huh? What's that? Precisely my question. Yesterday, David and I had this conversation:

David: Mom, come see the minnicator I made.
Me: What?
David: The minnicator. I made a minnicator for Joseph.
Me: Huh? A what?
David: A minnicator.

So I follow David into his room to see the minnicator he made out of Legos. It is unrecognizable as anything I would know (which is normal for anything made out of Legos by a child who is almost 3).

Me: So, what does it do?
David: It crushes things.
Me: Oh. Hmmm. Crushes things?
David: Yes.

This type of conversation continued through the evening by all of us, trying to figure out what word he has twisted and turned into something else. We still don't know! So far we know that a minnicator crushes things and some of them have wings and can fly. Here is a picture of David with his minnicators that he has made:


And here are the minnicators:

6 comments:

Maurisa said...

I love, love, love little boys. I adore his "minnicator" no idea what it is.

RaneeMc said...

You don't know what a minnicator is???? Helloo - It makes stuff into mini-whatevers. It miniaturizes things! I don't know, after crunching, if anything is recognizable... but you obviously put things next to the tower, between the top and bottom protrusions, and it either crunches them down between the pincers, or zaps them with some form of energy. He has several different types, I see. Probably useful for crunching different types of things (organic vs non-organic???) I'm not sure about the flying bits though...

melissa v. said...

awesome! so cute. put him on ice cream and eat him up!

melissa v. said...

jeepers your boys look alike. and can i just say, you have awesome taste in names. 4 of your 5 names were on our shortlists at one time or another. isn't that funny? but seriously, i mix up your boys in pictures b/c they look so alike!

Chainsaw said...

Hello..."mannicator," as in a device that "mannicates," i.e. - once that little boy grows up, he'll seriously be able to mannicate like nobody's business. Duh. (In your defense, however, you sort of need to be a man or manchild to completely understand.)

Either that, or you mistook what he said. He might be referring to "manichean," to wit: an adherent of the dualistic religious system of Manes, a combination of Gnostic Christianity, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, and various other elements, with a basic doctrine of a conflict between light and dark, matter being regarded as dark and evil.

I'm guessing it's Option "A."

RaneeMc said...

Um...in reference to Chainsaw's comment: first of all, it's MINnicator, not MANicator (like we need any more of those!) Secondly, "Manichean?" ???

Seriously, Tonya, I've been married to him for over 20 years, and I still don't know where he comes up with this stuff.

You know...maybe it really IS a MAnnicator...