Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One of Those Days

Yep, it's one of THOSE days. One of those days where I am ready to quit my job and run away. One of those days where the house is a disaster, chores are not done, school has been awful, kids have been disobedient, I have lost my temper. One of those days where I think about all those "perfect" homeschoolers out there and hate them. Yep, hate. I'm sure they never yell at their kids, their houses are clean, chores are done ON TIME, they have a perfect schedule that they adhere to perfectly. One of those days where I yelled "I QUIT" at my kids and they started to cry. One of those days where I feel completely inadequate, unprepared and not wanting to do this job that God has called me to do. One of those days where I'm weeping at my desk, crying to Him to let me do something else, rewind the clock 15 years and let me start over again, rewind the clock and let me start the day again. One of those days I'm sure I'm producing an axe murderer in my house instead of children who love the Lord. One of those days where I need God's grace, mercy and love to pour all over me. One of those days where I need to stop, slow down, pray and beg Him to work through me instead of trying to do this job by myself.

3 comments:

lifebythehandful said...

Tonya,
I feel your pain! We all have those days where we can't stand ourselves and therefore we can't stand anyone else either. Make them eat cereal for dinner and send everyone to bed early including yourself and tomorrow will be a new day. As for the Axe murder thing...it's possible. j/k :)

Tricia said...

One of those days where I think about all those "perfect" homeschoolers out there and hate them.

It's okay to hate them Tonya, they don't exist.

If it makes you feel any better if I piled all the dirty laundry up in my house NASA could save all that money on rockets as they could just climb my laundry to reach the moon.

:)

Praying tomorrow is better.

melissa v. said...

xo,
I'm so glad you have days like this too (selfish me!). You always seem to be the perfect one! You're wonderful. I hope you have a better day tomorrow, and I'm certain there are no axe murderers in your family's future (that's a fear of mine, too!).
xo!