Today, for the first time in our family, we have a broken bone. David, who is almost 3, was jumping on the trampoline and somehow broke his leg. It isn't too badly broken, won't need surgery (praise the Lord) and he's currently watching a video and eating a lollipop. The bad part is that apparently all pediatric orthopedists (sp?) take Friday afternoon off or are in surgery. We will have it set in a cast on Monday. Until then he has a temporary cast and we get to carry him everywhere. Yippee. Oh, any tips on how he can use the bathroom with his leg straight out in front of him?
6 comments:
Oh, bummer! Poor little guy. Did you end up having to cancel your dinner plans?
It's been a long, long time since I had a newly potty trained boy. Can't help you there!
Oh Tonya so sorry to hear about his broken leg. I just popped onto your blog because I haven t read it in a while since you got me into facebook. What a bummer. You should ask the doctor about a urinal container you hold. All boys like peeing into bottles. As far as the other thing goes maybe a stool in the bathroom with a pillow on it to hold his leg up. Good luck. Hope he feels better soon.
oh no! poor kid! poor you! hope it heals quicky :(
I would have freaked! How did you handle it? I only hope that it never happens in our house, but if it does I hope Brian is home.
Oh, I was so sorry to read this (well, actually I read it first in your status update on Facebook). Not fun. I wish I had some great pottying advice, but I don't. We had our first broken bone last April, but it was an arm--and not even Jonathan's writing arm! So we got off easy, I am seeing. I will be watching for updates next week . . .
our sippy cup is from House of Knives...you can get them online at kleankanteen.com
LOVE them! made of stainless steel, no plastic to leech chemicals into their water! expensive, though. I think target sells Sigg cups for cheaper, but not with the sippy spout. Those are made by Avent for Kleen Kanteen.
Post a Comment