We will start this by saying that yes, Little Bit does have a UTI. Her 3rd in 4 months. And we don't know why. My emotional state isn't great at this point, but I just thought I should share this day with you so you can feel my pain! (Or laugh your head off.)
My "day" started at midnight last night with my 11 year old, Dawn, walking in her sleep. She does this on occasion. She comes in our room, panicking, crying, hyperventilating. She calmed down rather quickly last night. Next, I hear Joseph crying in his room! I send Old Man in to him. A few minutes after that I hear the boys talking in their room. Old Man goes in again. At 1, Little Bit wakes up to nurse. I pull her in our bed and we drift back to sleep. Since she is super sick, she didn't sleep great, so I didn't sleep great. At 5 a.m., she was really restless - enough to wake me up and I realized that she was HOT. After nursing her a bit, I got up, got the baby Ibuprofen out, took her into the living room to give her the meds. One drop in her mouth, she gags, she throws up everything I had nursed her for the last 4 hours. Nice. I yell for Old Man to help me. Ahhh, the joys of puke at 5 in the morning. By the way, the only child who didn't wake up in the night is now my favorite. I love Anne! :-)
Up for the day around 6:45, at this point all the kids are up. I put Little Bit in my lap and start giving her antibiotics. I noticed my leg felt a little wet so I felt her to see if she had peed out of her diaper. Nope. Pooped out of her diaper. Now it's on my leg and my hand. In the process of changing her I managed to get it on her head!!! By 7:30 in the morning, I knew this was not going to be a great day.
9:00 a.m. Little Bit throws up again - all over me, the floor and herself. This time was a little scary. She was white and lethargic. I call the doctor and schedule an appointment to get her a shot of antibiotics.
Noon. Go to the dr, get her a shot. Deal with a physician assistant who is a bit of an alarmist. Not exactly what I needed. At one point she says, "I need to go consult with Dr. Dawson." Me, "why?" Her, "Oh, I can't say until I've spoken with the doctor." Gee, thanks. Leave me in a room with my sick child for 10 minutes wondering what she is dying of! Thankfully Dr. Dawson is NOT an alarmist. We go back tomorrow. If she's still feverish and throwing up tomorrow, we admit her to the hospital.
OH! I forgot! While the physician's assistant was poking around on Little Bit, Little Bit peed all over the table and my hands. Then, she got her shot which bled a little so I have blood on me too! That makes puke, poop, pee and blood all by 1:30 in the afternoon. Did I sign up for this when I became a mom?
We come home and I decided that Little Bit and I kind of need a bath at this point. Since David isn't content being more than a few feet away from me this week, I invite him to take a bath with us. I fill my tub, add some lavender and tea tree oil to the water (the tea tree oil helps discourage bacteria, which I'm a little uptight about right now). After a few minutes in the tub, David starts crying and sreaming about his stomach stinging, then his back stinging. He stands up and has a blotchy rash all over his bum, legs and it's starting on his stomach. Nice. He's obviously sensitive to the tea tree oil. I kick him out of the tub (he didn't really appreciate that) and I start yelling for Dawn to help me. She's outside, can't hear me. I didn't want to get out of the tub, we'd just gotten in! So I drain the tub, put fresh water in it and he jumps back in. Much better.
After all this, I nursed Little Bit and she went to sleep (and is still sleeping right now, praise God!). Make a quick supper. I'm feeling pretty good at this point. I will survive this day. As supper winds down, we're talking about a dress my sister has. Dawn says that it won't fit me. I said something about us being differently shaped. Joseph says, "yep, fat." He means that I'm fat and she isn't. Ok. I'm done. Time to bury my head in the sand, call it a day and sleep.
2 comments:
Peaceful dreams. Prayers headed your way.
You poor thing! I'm surprised you can actually have excitement for me adding one more to the brood when you had a day like this. Those are the days I advocate birth control. :)
Post a Comment