Ahh, the joys of moving!
Our house is on the market. The open house was a complete waste of time. One person came by to see the house, one person called. And other than that, nothing! No one has called to look at the house. I'm struggling to not stress over this. And, truthfully, not doing a very good job. I know God is in control. I know He knows who will buy our house. I know that all things will work together for good ... BUT, that does NOT mean that my house will sell in the next few weeks - before we move. And that is what I am struggling with. My dear Old Man does not want to buy a house until we sell this one. Which would be fine, except that we have this baby on her way. My sister has graciously said we can stay in her basement until we get a house. But let's be serious here folks. How long can anyone tolerate an extra 6 people living with them. Remember, one is a 2 year old and another is a fat, cranky, miserable pregnant woman. Get the picture? I'm guessing 2 weeks will be fine. A month and she will wish I never moved to Colorado to begin with. Soooo, I need this house to sell!!!
Now, on to buying another house. Since Old Man doesn't want to buy until we sell here, not much to say. He actually suggested we may just have to rent. Again, who wants to rent to a family with 5 kids and a cat????? WHO? Plus, I would feel so overly responsible to take care of that person's house. I would freak over every ding in the wall, every stain in the carpet, every crayon mark, everything. It's not MY house!!
I also have this strange thing going on with buying a house. Since we are selling a house, I have HUGE amounts of empathy for other people selling houses. I look at houses to buy in Colorado and I feel sorry for the sellers. I want to buy the house, just so they don't have to stress over selling their house. And offer full price! I mean, these people have put their time and money into their house. They may even need the full price asked, etc. Obviously, Old Man will have to do the business dealings here. I am just too full of emotion over their plight right now.
Last thing. I love Old Man. Truly, love him. He is incredible. But, he pretty much stinks at communication. If I don't ask, he probably won't tell me. Take our conversation earlier today. First, he was leaving work early. Massive storms in the area - tornado warnings, etc. He isn't home and it is after 5. I, understandly, start to get a little concerned. Can't get him on the cell phone, etc. I finally reach him around 5:15 - STILL at work in Virginia. Ummm, he didn't think to call me and say he wasn't leaving before 3??? After 15 minutes of chatting, he's ready to get off the phone. I say, "I suppose you haven't heard about your orders." His reply, "Oh, yeah, their sitting right here on my desk. I printed them out." Excuse me? You didn't think to tell me this? At this point I'm ripping my hair out! :-) (For you non-military types - without orders, we can't move. We can't get movers scheduled. We can't do anything. They are necessary and very important!)
Last couple of items. I will post pictures in the next couple of days. This blog is a tad long on words and dry on pictures. And, very last thing. It's 7 o'clock and Old Man isn't home yet. Gotta love DC traffic and his awful commute! (Oh, he called around 6 and was leaving then - shall we take a bet to see if he makes it home in time to watch the beginning of the hockey game?)
1 comment:
Tonya,
Doesn't the military have temp housing hopefully already furnished, to avoid unpacking and repacking, available? The communication thing I know where you are coming from. Does it run in the family or is it a male problem??? Who knows but it drives me crazy too.
Teresa
Post a Comment