I haven't been writing much, due to a few extra things going on right now. :-) Thought I would get in a quick update.
We were out of town this past week. Took our one week of vacation this year. We got to go to a Naval Rec Center here in Maryland that we just love. Right on the water, protected, not many people, hiking, parks, relaxing. Very very nice. We were all sad that we had only planned to be gone 5 days!! Oh well. We came home yesterday afternoon and hit the ground running.
Today was our Open House. Or, I should say, was supposed to be. We spent yesterday doing all the laundry and this morning making sure the house was cleaner than it ever has been. Then, about 2 hours before the Open House was supposed to start - rain. Not just a drizzle. Lightning, thunder, drenching rain. Oh, and did I mention the Tornado Watch? It all went away about 5 minutes before the Open House was supposed to be OVER. Needless to say, we canceled it and it is now happening tomorrow from 1-4 ... we hope. :-) My neighbor said this was all a sign that we weren't supposed to move. I said that I was believing this is God's way of saying He is in control. :-)
So, I am way over tired. WAY over tired. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and we are moving in 6 weeks. Our house has been on the market for 3 days. It is clean, but it will take a huge amount of effort to keep it even close to this state for very long! Plus, I need to get back to school mode this week. Finish up a bit of school and order supplies for next year. We have a ballet recital next weekend for Anne (which will take a lot of work this week). A family reunion for Old Man's family the last weekend in June. Can't think of what else is on the schedule. I think I'm ready to go back to the beach! I'll read, sleep, take baths, go for long walks, sit on the beach, swim ...
All right, back to reality. Maybe I should go to bed early tonight. :-) Oh! Hockey game on at 8 - Old Man won't even notice if I'm not in the room. :-)
How is everyone else doing?
2 comments:
I don't know when (or even if) we'll move again, but the one thing I am trying to never think about is keeping the house clean for showings with all the kids. I'm praying for an extra measure of strength for you here, esp. being pregnant. Whew. I'd ditch the school stuff--wait, that keeps them busier and not messing up the house . . . Well, I'd relax about it, that's for sure!
Your vacation sounds wonderful. We're still out in Utah with family, and we're having such a great time. We start back on Monday, going through Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore. It iwll be hard to get back into a normal routine again once we come back!
The Lord is definitely in control of your house situation. Praying for your open house tomorrow right now!! Hang in there! : )
Hey, Woman! Good luck with the move and the house selling. I don't envy the "keeping the house clean" part! I just stayed up until (4:30AM) cleaning a house that we are just trying to rent! We have two showings tomorrow. David is returning from the UK on Friday and the packers will be here on June 10,11&12. We will drive to MS to leave my car and some other things and then should be off on our new adventure on June 15. Will let you know our address, etc., as soon as we get settled. Can I get Ranee's e-mail or give her mine so we can try to connect once we are both there? Hang in there and I will definitely say some prayers for you all that things go smoothly! Take good care! Love,Rebekah
Post a Comment