Friday, June 6, 2008

A No Good, Very Bad Day

Warning: I'm grumpy.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning with a horrific headache. I took 2 ibuprofen right away. No help. My stomach is hurting due to the headache. And, I seem to have developed heartburn - no matter whether I eat or not, no matter what I eat. So, I'm feeling pretty bad this morning. I really just want to crawl back in bed and sleep/read the rest of the day. No such luck! We had to get ready for the house to be shown! Yep, a scheduled showing from 1:30-3:30 today. I should have told them that was a horrible time, but I was caught off guard, said "sure" and regretted it instantly. See, I had a midwife appointment scheduled for 1 today, so had a babysitter coming over to watch the kids. That way David could still get his nap and I could go and have an easy appointment, by myself. Change of plans!

Around 9:30 this morning, I was actually back in bed, taking a nap. Where were the kids you might wonder? Anne was playing a computer game - which kept both boys occupied. Not sure what Dawn was doing. I managed a 30 minute nap. 2 more ibuprofen (don't kill me folks, I know this is bad during pregnancy, but so was my headache!) and half a cup of coffee and I started to feel better around 10:30. At that point I tell the kids what all they need to get done. Much grumbling and complaining and whining (it's horrible when I do this!). :-) We managed to get the laundry put away, the whole house vacuumed, bathrooms wiped down, kitchen cleaned up and all of us out the door around 12:15. Phew.

I pick up our babysitter and we head to Subway. (Remember, my house is spotless. Not a chance those kids are eating in there!) We're running late for my appointment, so I'm very frustrated when the parking garage is full. I finally park in a garage further away and pick up my cell phone. Someone left me a message. The house showing is canceled. All that work, with a massive headache, for nothing. Just shoot me folks. Now I'm at the appointment - 15 minutes late, with 4 kids and a babysitter and we spent money on lunch. Argh!

Now, for the really horrible part of my day. This part nearly made me cry. As I got to the door of the midwife's office, I realized that my shoe was broken. Are you kidding me? I hate to shop. Hate. I own very few pairs of shoes. This pair I happened to purchase at a Marshall's or TJ Maxx in Colorado Springs last summer. Not a chance I can replace them. And they were comfortable!!!!! At this point, comfort is key. I truly wanted to cry. Could anything else go wrong?

David didn't nap the entire day. That's what else could go wrong. And my headache is back, in full strength. Old Man was supposed to get home early. It's almost 4, he left before 6 - can someone tell me if that is a short day at work?

On a positive note. My blood pressure was 110/60 - which truly shocked me. I thought for sure she would send me to bed! :-) Everything else is fine too. And our babysitter is a wonderful help. Oh, and it's Friday. I think I'll take the kids swimming at the neighbors, read my book and drink some water. And try, try, try to forget about this day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Take Tylenol instead, Ibuprofen is NOT good for the baby, it can also make your stomach hurt! Your midwife should have told you about this. I am sorry you had a bad day.

I am thinking of you and having you in my prayers.

Tonya said...

She actually did tell me that. Since Tylenol doesn't help my headaches AT ALL, I questioned the Ibuprofen thing to her. (Plus, I've taken it in 4 other pregnancies, and didn't know it was bad until this one.) She said it is actually dangerous in the 3rd trimester. Since I'm not quite there yet, I decided I to take some. Not sure what I will do in a couple weeks!