Monday, February 25, 2008

Survival

My hubby is out of town for the next couple of days. This is nothing new. He has traveled quite a bit in most of his jobs. To some people it isn't much, but to others it is shocking. :-) He currently only travels 3 or 4 days a month. Which isn't great, but it isn't bad. He's had one job where he traveled less, but most jobs he has traveled more!

So, why is this called survival? Well, I think I'm just tired of the whole traveling thing! Combined with his wicked commute (55 miles one way around DC), he is gone from the house quite a bit. If you've forgotten, I'm pregnant with our 5th baby. And in my 1st trimester. Which just means that I am exhausted. And still very nauseated. All day. So, even when he is in town, not much is getting done around this house! When he's gone...even less. Let's see, it's 8:30 p.m. - my hair has not been brushed, neither have my teeth - all day. The kitchen is semi-clean. There are toys and books all over the family room. The table still needs to be cleaned off. The living room has toys all over the floor. I am getting some laundry done! (But it needed to be done 2 days ago.) Now, am I getting anything done? No. I'm sitting here, tv on (some stupid show too) and typing on my computer.

All right, enough complaining. I really didn't set out for this to be a complaining session. I really just wanted to explain that I am tired. :-) And totally unmotivated to accomplish much of anything!

I have an idea. Instead of complaining I'm going to tell you what I would really love to be doing instead! :-) I just wish we had a really nice, big bathtub (ours is disappointing - it has a straight back, you cannot lean back comfortably). I would take a hot bubble bath, drink a glass of wine and read a good book. Ahhh, doesn't that sound great?

Oh! A very cute thing our youngest has been saying. When he brings me a book to read, he says, "Oh! Love that." I think it is hilarious!

All right, not much else to tell you tonight. :-) Good night. Time to get some stuff done!

3 comments:

melissa v. said...

xoxoxoxox I feel your pain, but minus 2 children. Don't be too hard on yourself!! My kitchen is littered with supper debris, my floor littered with clean laundry and toys, and my butt firmly planted in front of the computer. When we are pregnant we do less, because we are expending vast amounts of nauseaus energy on knitting that baby together. That is good. You are a hero. A superwoman. An angel. Look at you!
I'd go for some wine myself right about now.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Hugs for you. The same is happening here, minus the pregnancy. I wish I could loan you my bath tub. I lived in it at night when I was pregnant. Be gentle on yourself and take it easy when you can. The kids won't die if they watch a little more tv for a few days or if the house is a little messier.

RaneeMc said...

I have many days when I don't brush my hair all day, don't clean the kitchen, and don't bother to get out of my pj's. And I look at days when my hubby is gone as license to slack off even more! And I only have one (teenage) child. Give yourself a break, girl!