Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Making a Fool of Myself

I am having such a great day today. NOT. My husband's 20th college reunion is coming up in April. Since we are 4 hours away, we are planning to attend. The plan is to have my Mom fly in town so we can go without kids. This will be our first weekend away without kids in 3 years. (Last time we did this, thanks Ranee, we got pregnant with #4 - this can't happen this time, since I'm already prego.) So, we finally booked our hotel the other night - over $300. Yuck. Plus the flight for my Mom - $200-250. So, today I get VMI's website to register for the reunion. Somehow, either operator error or computer error (I'm voting for computer error, but know it is more likely that the operator made an error), I thought the reunion was $500. ARE YOU NUTS? So, I went a little nuts. I immediately fired off an e-mail to two of my husband's college roommates. Something to the effect of "WHAT THE H***?". Then I talked to my sister-in-law. She said that maybe something was wrong with the website and I should check again, $500 just didn't make sense. So, I did. Guess what. The cost is $250 for a couple. Ahhh, that seems so much more reasonable than the other. Of course, still pricey, but whatever.

So, here is where I goofed big time. First, I mouthed off to his college roommates. Who probably already think I'm a huge idiot. But here is the real clincher. His roommates are Paul and Scott. So I type in Paul's name and Scott's name. Did I stop to check and see WHICH Scott I sent it to? NO. How many Scott's are in my address book? Oh, 4 maybe? (And his roommate isn't one of them apparently.) So, I sent this e-mail, including a curse word, to one of my most conservative friends. Who will think I'm going to hell for using a curse word. Oh joy. I can only hope she will not lecture me. Or, maybe she will realize the e-mail is not for her and not read it! Yeah, not likely.

I'm feeling brilliant. I really thought I was old enough and mature enough to not be so stupid anymore. When will that happen?

5 comments:

RaneeMc said...

Do you need a fork to eat crow with? I have a collection.

Halfmoon Girl said...

oh humbling moments...they hurt. If your friend is a good one, she will overlook a few cuss words.

~just me~ said...

LOL! oops. :)

Bob and Claire said...

LOL!! Blame it on the pregnancy. And if anyone gives you a hard time, cry, and blame that on the hormones. LOL!

Tricia said...

I totally agree with Bob & Claire, you are pregnant USE IT!

Especially with men, all you have to do is say 'pregnancy hormones' and all will be forgiven and forgotten and they will run quickly away from you! :o)

UGH! BTDT with my brother in law, called him nosey, or something like that and then copied him on the email. It takes a special kind of brilliance to do something like that.

I had no pregnancy hormones I could blame it on either.