I really don't have anything huge to say. I realized that I haven't posted much this week, so thought I would just tell you what we have been doing!
We finally had a good week of school. The first good week since Christmas. Maybe life will get back on track here! Thursday was our 2nd born child's 7th birthday! We went to IHOP for breakfast and took a couple of her friends. My husband was even able to go with us!!! WOW. After dropping our oldest off at gymnastics, the rest of us made a very rare trip to the mall to get her ear's pierced. I got a picture of it Friday, so will try to post that later. It is amazing how rarely we go to the mall. I would say 2 times a year is about average. Friday was nice outside, so I took the kids hiking in the afternoon. It was really nice. Our youngest needed to be carried in the backpack some, so I had a pretty bad backache later in the evening. Friday night we did her birthday dinner with another family. I always let my kids choose their birthday dinner. She chose turkey, WHITE rice and broccoli (we rarely have white rice, so it truly is a treat). She wanted apple pie for dessert! Not cake!
Yesterday our oldest had another gymnastics competition. She did much better than she did at her last meet. Although she was still disappointed that she didn't get a medal. :-) After her meet, we went over to my brother-in-law's house for dinner.
So, that's it. Our week. Not very exciting. I'm napping every day and pretty nauseated. That just means I'm not spending a huge amount of time thinking about "big" things. :-)
Hope you all have a great week next week! My husband has Monday off!!! Yippee!
3 comments:
I was getting worried (checking your blog obsessively, you know) so I'm glad you're among the living!
I got your comment about not being able to post your pics. If I was better myself- I might offer some advice. Hope you had a lovely weekend with your family.
We're the same way about the mall. When we went to Sears to look at dishwashers, Bob and I both said how weird it felt to be shopping in the mall!
I laughed about your daughter picking white rice for dinner. It's funny the things that are special! I am with her on the no cake thing. Apple pie sounds yummy!
Post a Comment