Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Total Randomness

I have a bunch of unrelated things to say today. Probably unimportant too, but I just think they're interesting or humorous.

We are out of butter. Which is a BIG thing in my house. Eric does the grocery shopping (and I am forever grateful). I tell him to get butter every time he shops. He just does NOT get this. "Why do we need butter again? I just bought it!" My reply, "We use tons of butter, buy it every time." Well, recently he came home with 4 packs of margarine. Margarine? Seriously? He actually didn't know that he bought margarine, not butter, he was just looking at the price. :-) We now are out of butter. I had no clue how much I relied on butter to cook, but it is affecting me every time I have to cook. Toast, fried eggs, pasta, rice, corn on the cob, baked potatoes ... Good night, we use a lot of butter!

David just locked himself IN his room. Hee hee hee. I recently had to turn the door knob around because they were running in the room and locking each other out. David just messed with the lock, went in the room and shut the door. I'm ignoring his pleas to get out of his room, thinking he's just being 3. Nope, he was locked in!

I went for a "run" yesterday. Well, a walk/jog, sort of. For about 2 minutes it felt awesome to be running again. My muscles thanked me. Then muscles started hurting in places they shouldn't hurt. I did expect that. I was glad to just try it again. I was pushing the double jogger, so maybe I could have made it 4 minutes if I'd been out on my own. :-)

I am officially winning the award for Bad Mother of the Year. Dawn has been complaining for 2 months that her tooth hurt. She has a low tolerance for pain, so I typically don't get overly excited about her complaints. Plus, she complained about one side of her mouth one day and the other side the next day. So I just figured it was her teeth growing in. Eric finally took her to the dentist last night. Ummm, TWO cracked teeth that are rotting. They did a root canal and put a cap on one last night. And one cavity. Tuesday she'll get the other cap and fill the cavity. Nice. I feel like the best mom ever. TWO months. Low tolerance for pain? How about a high tolerance for her mother's idiocy.

Did I mention that my calendar in the school room (the white board, I have to erase and rewrite the month) is on April? Apparently I gave up on getting stuff done back in April.

Why do I think I have to sit downstairs, in the school room, with my computer? It's a laptop folks. A laptop. That means it is portable, right? I always sit right there, in the school room, with my computer. So this morning I decided I could take it out of there. I was sitting at the table trying to type this. The interruptions! So now I'm sitting on my bed, door shut, with the strict command that no one interrupt me for 5 minutes.

Now, for the funniest conversation of the month. We bought a book called "Nature's Yucky". I knew the boys would LOVE this book. And they do. One of the Yucky things about nature is that some turtle can breathe through it's bum. (Something about winter time, in the water, get the book if you want more info.) I'm reading this to the boys, they are cracking up. The last sentence asks something about "can you breathe through your bum" or something like that. Joseph says, "I can't breathe through my bum, but sometimes air comes out of it!" He was cracking himself up, and me too. :-)

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Maurisa said...

Love the random tidbits :-)

Anonymous said...

Abby says, "Why did you share that with me?" Oh my, we are alll cracking up here. Thanks. Marie

melissa v. said...

BOYS!!!!!!!!!!! i'm laughing so hard i'm crying. my kids would LOVE that book!
did you pee your pants on your run??

melissa v. said...

which work story was it that you couldn't get out of your head? I'm curious...