Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Even More Randomness Today!

Yep, life is pretty random right now. I keep thinking of great things to blog about, but just never sit down and write. Until times like right now, when nothing great comes to mind. :-)

Eric is in Hawaii this week. Lucky sap. His room overlooks the ocean. He's walked on the beach, gone to dinner with one of MY best friends (and her family - and he IS friends with her husband, but still), went shopping by himself, and taken a dip in the ocean. I'm here with the kids, got my period (personal info, but seriously, I had to add that) and just generally having a difficult week. I am so glad he is there and I do hope he's having a nice time. He is working - going to meetings all day today and tomorrow. I'm just having a difficult time understanding how our lives can be so different! I mean, he's in Hawaii??? Life is seriously NOT fair. :-)

We had Eric's brother and his family here last week. They also have kids. Loud. Very very loud. We did have fun taking them to the Garden of the Gods, Paint Mines, Helen Hunt Falls. My sister-in-law and I played a lot of Boggle late at night, which was great! On the way to the airport, we stopped at Castlewood Canyon - a wonderful place we had passed by many times. We hiked down into the canyon, where we had been told the kids could "wade". They went swimming. I took bunches of pictures, then set my camera down. The kids had gone downstream a little ways, so I got on the trail and found them. Without my camera. The best pictures could have been taken - 7 kids splashing and swimming around, having the time of their lives!

We are leasing a horse. Things didn't go well this morning, so I'm not in the mood to talk about it. But still figured I should tell. Her name is Oreo, she's a black and white paint. The girls have been taking lessons for a while. The boys always want a turn. We thought it would be an interesting experiment to see how it would be to "own" a horse for a while. This may be a very short while if things happen like they did this morning.

I know there were many many more things to say. Oh, I have to blog about school here eventually. And should post pictures.

3 comments:

lifebythehandful said...

Sorry about the Eric thing. I'm jealous, and he's not even my husband I can imagine how you feel. I think the addition of the period comment adds to the overall picture of unfairness - good call.

The Whites said...

wow a horse! How exciting... or maybe not since it doesn't sound like its going too well.

Chainsaw said...

Actually, no, you didn't have to add that. But thanks for sharing. Yea. Thanks.