David has been making me laugh the last few days like crazy! This is in between the times he is driving me crazy! :-) Tonight, he was supposed to be praying. For months he's been praying "Dear Jesus, help Dawn and Anne to get better. Amen." We've been coaching him a bit to get him out of his "rut". :-) Since he's struggling soooo much with disobedience I said, "Help me to be obedient." (He's supposed to quote me.) His prayer? "Help her to be obedient." I said, "No, help ME to be obedient." He points to me and says, "I said that!" He had a very impish grin on his face, so he knew exactly what he was saying. We were all laughing so hard it pretty much ended prayer time.
The other funny that's happened reveals quite a bit about his personality. It was a couple days after surgery, so I was still trying to do very little. He went to the bathroom. When he was done, he yelled for me to come wipe him. I asked the young lady helping me to please go to him and if he refused her help, she was to tell him he could sit there for a while. Which, of course, he refused her help. He started yelling and screaming at me to come wipe him. This went on for 5 minutes before I got tired of him yelling. I walked in to the bathroom and said, "OK David. If Mommy wipes your bottom, you get a spanking. If Miss Rachel wipes your bottom, you don't." I'm thinking this should fix the problem. I mean, what kid WANTS a spanking? (I was probably drugged at this point too, so my ability to creatively discipline was seriously limited.) As you've guessed by now, yep, he chose MOMMY to wipe his bum. While I'm wiping him he says, "Mommy, please don't hurt me." I was laughing so hard at this point! We have a saying in our house. I am the PBW - Preferred Butt Wiper. Think I can stick that on a resume?
As for the stent removal. Went well, I feel better. TMI - I can pee normally for the first time in over a week. Ahhh, the joys of peeing! :-) I've also been asked the question a few times about which hurts worse, childbirth or kidney stones? Well, 5 natural births - no drugs at all ever. One episode of kidney stones. I'd take natural childbirth over and over again. Kidney stones are horrible!!!
Eric is out of town. We're doing pretty well right now. (That could change at any second.) Dawn made pizza for dinner. It was great! She also cleaned up the kitchen - love that!! Oh, and Anne lost a tooth during the meal. Dawn pulled it out for her - the second tooth she's pulled out for Anne! Mom's a wimp in this area. Loose teeth give me the creeps.
2 comments:
Sounds like life is fairly peaceful for you at this very moment, at least your outlook seems pretty sunny :-) We miss you guys. Wish I could be there to make you a nice cup of coffee.
LOL, I am also the PBW in our household. Now I have a trick I learned from a friend with 9 kids--she pays her older kids 25 cents to wipe bottoms--so now the boys are racing to wipe Anna. Anna has finally stopped asking for me, LOL.
I'm so glad you're feeling better, and I hope this TDY passes quickly with no more excitement. You really had me worried there for awhile!
Post a Comment