Since my blog has been full of bad stuff, I'm thrilled to have something wonderful to share with you!
I have always been very impressed with my husband. For many reasons. Today, I get to brag on him a little! :-)
Eric got in the military with the "plan" to stay in for 4 years. 20 years later he's still in! He has never done the "right" thing to get promoted. He didn't go to the right schools, didn't take the right jobs, has actually had to convince people to let him take 2 jobs because he "wouldn't get promoted out of them." Taking his current assignment was very frowned on. He was told by 2 bosses and Air Force Personnel that he should NOT take this job. He will NEVER get promoted. His response? That's ok, I'm happy to retire after this assignment. Well, the big news is that Eric is now a Colonel Select. For all you non-military, that means he will be promoted to Colonel in a few months. Wow. Now I can really call him Old Man. :-)
I think the amazing thing to me is that this truly defies all human logic. He should not be making Colonel. He really shouldn't be. He hasn't put in the hours (he has put in long hours, but compared to many others!! NO), hasn't been deployed, hasn't gone to certain schools in residence, hasn't had the jobs you have to have to get deployed ... The list goes on. What he HAS done is been faithful to God and faithful to his "job" as a husband and father first. I just see God's hand in this so much. I'm humbled, amazed and thrilled. Thanks to God for blessing Eric.
3 comments:
What a great testimony! Bob adds his congrats!
Congratulations Eric! You have worked hard and no one is more deserving!
So awesome! congratulations Eric!!
Post a Comment