Sunday, June 7, 2009

Recovery

I don't think I was super coherent when I posted about my kidney stones. Gotta love the narcotics. :-) One thing I failed to mention is that they put a stent in. A stent is a flexible tube. In my case it goes from my kidney to my bladder, to make sure my kidneys could still drain. They were worried I would have a bit of swelling in my ureter since they looked around in there for a while. I go in tomorrow to have the stent removed. Apparently a stent can be pretty painful, but it's been ok for me. I know it's there (weird, huh), and it's uncomfortable when I pee (graphic), but I'm not in pain.

It's Sunday morning, so day 4 after surgery. No more pain meds at this point. I'm super weak. I'm actually shaking as I type this (time for nap #1 and I've been up for 2-1/2 hours). Other than that, I'm doing ok. Oh, and if you want to lose weight, get super sick, don't eat for 24 hours and continue nursing an 8-1/2 month old.

You would think that after this week, I'd be a basket case. I mean, Eric's at a funeral (I know, I hate calling him Old Man) in Pennsylvania, I'm in the hospital here, my sister is in Texas... By all that is logical I should be a mess. But I'm not. Why? God. He provided for us in every way. Eric e-mailed the pastor at our church and I was not alone for one second. My friend, Heather took the kids on Wednesday and then spent the night Wednesday night (my own private nurse - did I mention she works on the floor of the hospital I was admitted to?). She even got Little Bit to bed without me!!! I had 2 friends from church at the hospital during surgery. Another dear friend I've known for years, showed up after surgery. She drove me home, got my prescription picked up and didn't leave until I was in bed. Thursday morning, a lady from church arrived and I had 3 different women take "shifts" to help me. Let me tell you, my house was clean, we ate good food, my kids were well taken care of and I rested. I may have to get sick every time Eric leaves town! :-)

Little Bit has been nursing tons the last couple days. I think my milk supply has dropped. One of my friends (all right, her name is Tonya - just to confuse you all) has goats. She gave us goat milk (the closest thing to human milk) for Little Bit. This morning, Little Bit took a bottle for the first time in her life. Her tummy is full and she's not fussing at me for more. :-)

Isn't God GREAT!!!

Oh, continue praying for us. Eric leaves in the morning for 3 days. Don't worry though, God will be with us.

No comments: