Friday, February 13, 2009
Getting Over Myself
This past month has been incredibly stressful here at my house. Part of the stress is my expectations. Last year was soooo stressful that I just expected this year to be WAY better. So, you know, January 1, 2009, life was going to get easier. Well it didn't. First we had all the kids with coughs, then a baby with a UTI and now a 2 year old with a broken leg. Oh, and I should mention the child who is fighting me every second of the day (not really every second, but it feels that way). Truthfully, I think I could have handled all this with much more grace if I hadn't just expected and looked forward to things being easier! Yesterday I had a meltdown. I felt evil. Called Old Man and cursed about everything. Hung up because he didn't immediately say he was coming to my rescue. How old am I? TWO? Criminey. Grow up, deal. My sweet husband did come home early and then pampered me all evening. This I did NOT deserve. I'm crying now just knowing how much I didn't deserve anything but to be told to grow up! Instead, he loved me. And I remembered that God loves me even more than Old Man does. And I confessed my horrible attitude, my grumbling and complaining and I thanked God for all the ways He has blessed me. So, today, I will post fun pictures instead of moaning and groaning about my stressful life. :-) Hopefully I will remember to be much more grateful for the blessings and much less focused on the difficulties.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment