Sunday, February 15, 2009

Change

Our lives seem to change constantly. I cannot comprehend people whose lives stay the same - live in the same house, have a schedule (that works!), see the same people, do the same things ... Not ever in my life. I'm sure it's nice, I dream it would be nice, but it hasn't happened for me! Between moving, pregnancies, babies, sickness, LIFE, no week looks the same as the last one. So, for our latest changes around here . . .

First change, David is now walking on his broken leg! The doctor bent the cast, to prevent him from walking. Didn't work. He's walking (even running when we don't see) all over the place! The evidence is on this video. Oh, and notice he's standing on a mini-trampoline at the beginning of the video. I started the video right after I said, "GET OFF the trampoline! You already broke your leg on one, don't jump with the leg still broken!"



Second change, Anne turned 8 on Saturday! Here's a picture of her on her birthday. We had a fun party for her at the swimming pool and then back to the house for supper.



Third change, and probably the biggest, we got a dog! We had 2 dogs at one point, but both have died. After Zoe died, we just weren't ready to get another one quite yet. Then we knew we were moving and having a baby, so we put it off. Dawn has been begging for us to get another one and we started looking a couple months ago. We found Lucy online through a rescue. She was a stray. They think she's about 1 year old and she's a lab/boxer/pit bull mix (that's the best guess). She is very sweet and gentle - oh, and she is super quiet!!! She is a bit shy still, but I'm guessing that will work itself out. :-) All this to say, meet the newest member of our family, Lucy!

3 comments:

Maurisa said...

Lucy reminds me of Zoe. She was such a sweet dog. Hope this one is just as wonderful.

From my blog: Grandpa Hook took it well. It has been a running joke between him and K for a while, but Chris had told her to stop calling him that. We were both completely mortified!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Cute dog! Your little guy sure is adapting to his cast well! Your daughter is beautiful-happy birthday to her.

melissa v. said...

sweet puppy!
I reallyreallyreally hope you come to Grandma's 90th birthday party in the summer!! Please come! You can stay with us! Pretty puh-leeeze?!?!?!!! xoxoxoxoxox That would be AWESOME!
J. is hilarious in his cast. What a stinker walking on the darn thing!!!