Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Misc.

Not sure I have a full point to make today. Just some funny things and thoughts.

First, a few random photos:

Joseph loves holding his baby sister. He's so cute!


The girls found a turtle in the cattle guard at my grandparents house. They rescued it and took it to the pond to save it's life.


David's hair was hilarious after his nap one day. I couldn't resist taking this pictures.


I mentioned the snow one day. Here's a picture of it in our backyard. Yep, that's our yard. Notice the lack of trees? If there weren't snow, you'd see lots of sand and weeds.


And here is our precious baby girl.


Last night, Joseph was running around saying "Hadio Sim E Gose". Now, you might ask yourself what that means - think Spanish - Adios Amigos. :-) He was also really bent that I wouldn't go buy him a SCARY costume on Halloween - specifically, a skeleton costume. He really wanted to scare his younger brother. He talked about things being "spooky" and all thing Halloween related. Now, you have to understand that we don't celebrate Halloween in any way "normal". We stay home and have a family party - good food and games. How does he come up with all this stuff? I'll tell you - far too much PBS in the last couple of weeks. When the boys come in our room at 6:30 a.m. (or before), I've taken to turning the little tv on in my room so I can lay there and nurse the baby longer (and not have them pester me about food nonstop, or start fighting on my bed). Through PBS, he is getting a great education about speaking Spanish and Halloween!

I realized I haven't given an update on the house in Maryland. It is rented! Not sold, which was my preference, but rented, which is apparently God's preference. The really amazing thing is that even with paying our real estate agent a month's rent to cover her help and not having a renter move in until the 23rd of October, we are out only a few hundred dollars total for the mortgage. We did not have to pay 2 full mortgages for even one single month. Isn't God amazing!!! He has shown us He is watching us and taking care of our needs so often in the past few months. How sad that I still fret and worry over these things.

How sad that I've had to go and check my blog to see if I've already posted this stuff. My brain is definitely not working very well these days. I'd like to blame it on lack of sleep, but I'm actually getting pretty good sleep these days!

I've had a few questions about how the baby is doing. She's great! We've been trying to come up with some nicknames for her. So far, David wins, not because he's trying, but just because he pronounces the ones we've come up with so cutely - she is either "Miffabess" or "Wiza Kake". So far she's being called Wiza Kake a ton. She's smiling at us more and more every day. Getting fat and just plain old precious!

Oh, on the Wiza Kake name. Anne said, "It sounds like we're saying 'why is a cake...?" I thought it sounded more like "Wise as a cake".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tonya,
I was sitting here worrying about the election results when I decided to check your blog,so I could get my mind onto something else. I loved all the kids pictures. Tell the girls you can tell a male box turtle from a female by the color of its eyes (males eyes are bright red.) I m so happy to hear that your house has been rented that is great news and your post made me realize that I shouldn t waste my time worrying about the election. Instead I should just put my faith in Gods plan for our country.
Teresa