Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Oldest

I have a couple of recent pictures to put on. When I realized they were both of Dawn, I decided I could just write about her a bit! :-)

Dawn has changed a bunch this year. She is growing up so fast! Less and less she seems like a little girl, she is definitely becoming a young lady. At this exact moment, she has the microscope out and is putting things on it and having the boys take turns looking at it. Just like a good teacher! :-) Sometimes I feel thrilled about this change, other feelings are fear, sadness, excitement. A huge mix. What a true blessing she is, yet I miss her as a little girl and know that one day she will have her own home.

We went hiking a couple weeks ago with some friends. For Christmas last year, my sister (the first Dawn), gave her a book on cd - Daring Girls Adventure Book - or something like that. In the book, it tells you what to bring with you out hiking. A compass, flash light, notebook and pen (to draw pictures, etc), bandanna (you can put it in your hair or tie it to a stick to carry things), binoculars, and a few other things. She now has a backpack all ready to go. Oh, I think it includes bandaids, her own idea, which she needed!



Dawn has also started baking for me. Her latest is this fabulous ginger cookie. Yum. The other day, she made a double batch, with her baby sister in a sling, on her back. I was able to vacuum. She asked me to put Little Bit on her back. I thought it was so cool!

5 comments:

Maurisa said...

I love the photo of Dawn with little bit on her back! She really has grown up!

Bob and Claire said...

Oh, I saw the pictures you posted on Facebook--I also love the one with the baby on her back! She's going to make a great mom! That would have been fun, to have a girl first. Not that the boys aren't wonderful, and I do love to see them with the babies, but I think a girl might be more naturally helpful, LOL.

lifebythehandful said...

She is so beautiful, you and your man have done a great job raising her.

melissa v. said...

oh man oh man, i want to cry. sweetest thing ever! i can't believe how big she is...

Halfmoon Girl said...

She's so cute! Love the pic with Little Bit on her back!