Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh What a Night

Yes, that song is running through my head. Old Man is out of town, so I'm a little loopy at this point! :-)

I've been cursing Daylight Savings Time all day. Ever since 5:18 this morning, to be exact. The time David, who is 2-1/2, woke up. No, he is not adjusting to the new time AT ALL. Since I didn't go to bed until 11 last night, 5:18 was a tad too early for me. And no, Ranee, I didn't feed him until 6:30 or 7. :-)

In light of the early rising and Old Man being gone, I have had a very very very long day. No breaks at all. I tried to have quiet time while David was napping, but Little Bit was wide awake and smiling and cooing at me (which, while adorable, didn't give me a nap!).

Around 8, I was nursing Little Bit and talking to Dawn and Anne. (Praise God, the boys were sound asleep already!) I mentioned that I hadn't even started to clean up the kitchen after dinner. Dawn went into the kitchen and started cleaning it all up for me. I put Little Bit to bed as quickly as I could and went to help her. She is such a blessing to me!!!

That's all I originally was going to post, but have more to add. I was on the computer, checking the news and Dawn came in to talk to me. I started explaining to her how HUGE it is that we have an African-American (all right, I said black to her) man as our president-elect. Discussed the whole civil rights thing, how abused blacks have been in our country for so long. Just how big of a deal this really is. Then we started discussing some of the issues that polarized this election. I mentioned abortion. She asked what that was (I truthfully thought I had discussed this with her at some point - but apparently not). By the end of explaining it to her, we were both in tears. How sad that our kids have to grow up and face the reality of life. I so wish they could stay young and innocent and never know about difficult things.

So, off to bed for me. I am looking forward to Old Man returning tomorrow. I might be a puddle on the floor when he gets home though! :-) My body aches, my eyes sting, I feel like crying (and have quite a bit the last couple of days). I am just so tired! Good night!

4 comments:

RaneeMc said...

I am sure he will figure out the time change eventually (probably just in time to change back.)
At least you have an excuse to feel like a puddle; I am cross-eyed and distracted today for no good reason...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tanya! I know this is a few days later than you posted, but I just wanted to say I am praying for you! I felt your pain when reading your post. I know it can all be so exhausting at times. I pray for refreshment soon!
Hugs,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry I meant to spell your name TOnya! I have another friend named Tanya. I gotta keep em straight:o)

lifebythehandful said...

Jace and I had the abortion talk during this election process as well. How do you answer the question, "Why would anyone want to kill a baby, mom?" I'm just glad he already recognizes life.