Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

My parents have been planning to take my kids camping.  The plan has been for them to take them today and come back Monday.  To some of you this might not seem like a big deal, but I have never had my kids leave the house, all of them, overnight, at the same time.  NEVER.  We did have all the kids spend one night at my sister's about 18 months ago.  One of those, leave them at 8, come back by 10 the next morning (Liza was still nursing, so I needed to not be gone long).  Prior to that, the last time Eric and I had 2 nights without kids was for Eric's class reunion when I was expecting Liza (which ended when my kids called and said Grandma was super sick, couldn't get out of bed, so we hurried home). 

Now, having nights alone hasn't been a priority for us.  We've figured out how to make our marriage work without it, we're ok, but it sure has sounded nice to be able to watch a movie, by ourselves, prior to 9 p.m.  To not have to get up early and feed kids, etc.  Maybe even lay around and read a book and not think about food.

This week there have been some enormous issues brought to light in our church.  There is a Very Important church meeting due to it.  Yep, you guessed it, tonight.  Sigh.  And now Josiah has a fever.  I do believe God is reminding me we are fine without the time off.

2 comments:

melissa v. said...

argh!

sam said...

Thanks for posting...you look very young...maybe God has another baby in store for us. I am sure, like me, you know many women who would love to have as many as we do. We are very blessed. +JMJ+