Thursday, March 31, 2011

Still No Car

Day #4 without a car.  I read a devotional book in the morning (most mornings).  This morning, can you believe, the devotion is titled, "Queen of Your Home, part 2 - Watching the Home".  That doesn't sound too bad.  The points are, 1 - To observe, to keep watch and 2 - To lean forward, to peer into the distance.  Again, no big deal.  But the ENTIRE devotional was about STAYING HOME.  ARGH.  Seriously!!!  "Dear mother, don't look at all the other things that you could be doing outside your home."  "Better be there (in the home) than wear a queen's coronet.  Better be there than carry the purse of a princess..."  "Your home is not a prison to restrict your life.  It is a place where God can use you to influence many lives for Him, firstly your children, and multitudes of others who will come into your home over the years."

Sigh.  SIGH.  Ok God.  I think I'm getting the point.

Today is supposed to be 68 degrees.  I was thinking about how much fun it would be to DRIVE somewhere, get OUT of the house, take the kids to a park, take them hiking, take them ANYWHERE.  No car.  So, we will stay home.  We will get laundry done.  I will soak beans to make burritos for supper (since I don't have any canned beans and can't go to the store).  I will make a chocolate chip oatmeal cake (with kids help).  I will read books to the kids, play in the backyard.  I will stay home.  And learn this lesson God is teaching me.

The devotional I'm reading is 100 Days of Blessing, Devotions for Wives and Mothers, by Nancy Campbell.

No comments: