I think I'm having some sort of a mid-life crisis. I read a book the other day about "emotional phases of a woman's life" (that might be the exact title, but I'm not sure). She termed it mid-life malaise. Call it whatever you want, I think I have it.
It's funny. I'm content. I love my husband, love my kids. I even love having my kids with me all the time and seriously do NOT think about sending them to school. Yet I keep having this thought. This is it. This is life. This repetitious, boring, mundane, unexciting, hard hard work. It is life. We're constantly behind in everything. Eric works hard, long hours. The kids are kids. They squabble and argue and need to be trained and disciplined. I spend my days cooking, cleaning, teaching, doing laundry, ... Blah. And since I have a 2 year old, this is it for the next 16 years.
All this makes me wish we could take a month and just go to Hawaii. Or California. Or Florida. Definitely a beach. One where the wind doesn't blow constantly. One where the kids can play outside and Eric and I can just sit, watch the kids, hold hands and talk. Eat delicious seafood, drink wine, take a walk on the beach. Anyone else want to join us? We could rent a bunch of cottages on a remote beach and have a month long vacation.
4 comments:
ohhhh, i'm SO THERE! I need a vacation so badly. Some beach time, some escape from our interminable rain, and some space away from our usual spaces.
I'm also very with you on the having the kids around thing. I know my kids go to school but I really prefer having them WITH me, and hate when they have to go. Sure, it's convenient to grocery shop and get through the chores part of my day with two instead of four, but I miss them. I like spring break, christmas break, and summertime because I get to have them BACK! =0) I had them, I find them fascinating and I want them near me all the time because i love them.
Mexican beach vacation, here we come. We just need a way to fund it.....lol.....and you probably need a way to wrangle time off for Eric. You know what I need? A housekeeper. Someone ELSE to do all the housework so I can be a more creative parent...
Rent a cabin (better make it 2!) for us! I am SO there with you! I keep blaming my malaise on the last few weeks of pregnancy, but I also look down that long road ahead and think . . . wow. That's 18 more years of messes, driving around everywhere, etc. I would definitely take a housekeeper, even over a vacation! I can't stay ahead of the mess, and that is so discouraging!!
I'm down for that, but first I have to get caught up on everything. Oh, wait, that will never happen. Sigh.
I've enjoyed your blog~ I came over from RedGate Farm. Just wanted to say "Enjoy Normal". One day you may not have it:)) Great pictures!
Post a Comment