Friday, April 23, 2010

Fatigue, Snow, Sickness and Company

Do you ever wake up in the morning and want to quit the day immediately? I am SO there this morning! We've had a yucky sickness in our house for a month. A solid month. Oh, and we had company for 2 weeks in that. Currently it's Liza and Josiah who are the worst, but Seth is congested and Rebekah is still coughing. I am so tired of having sick kids!!! Argh! We also woke up to snow coming down this morning. You know, not so pretty anymore. It was great in the first week of October, but I'm a little tired of it now. Seven months of snow? Yeah, not my thing today. Where can we move to that has 4 seasons, each only 3 months long, the way my calendar says it's supposed to be?

My parents arrive this weekend, Eric's parents arrive Wednesday. The BIG day is Friday (Eric's promotion). Which I'm actually dreading. For far too many reasons. The first being I hate dressing up, never know what to wear, never feel comfortable dressed up. Can't I wear my ripped up jeans and a t-shirt? Sigh. The other reason is that I'm beginning to feel old and that stinks. :-)

1 comment:

Christy said...

When I saw you last, after not seeing you for seven years or so, you hadn't aged a bit! Have a great time at the promotion!