I realize that my recent posts have been a tad negative. Perhaps I've taken to using my blog as a place to vent? Yikes. So, let me think of some good things to post about...
Liza is adorable. She is 19 months and the cutest thing ever. She sings all the time - even while nursing! She sits in the car, singing and clapping her hands. In the tub, at the table, while looking at books. And she loves books. She has quite a few words and even a few sentences, but mainly she babbles. She'll string a whole bunch of sounds together and we'll understand one word, maybe! So cute! Her hair is curly. While she nurses, she twists and twists and twists her hair until she has a huge knot in her hair. I actually had to trim the back of her hair to make the knots smaller! One of my favorite things she does is when she calls to her siblings, especially Josiah. She calls him "YiYah". Her main goal is to be BIG like her siblings. Hates drinking out of a sippy cup, hates sitting in a high chair, wants to sleep in a big bed, loves to sit on the potty (not that she does anything while sitting there). She keeps us all smiling and laughing nonstop! Even when she's naughty she's cute!
We love our church here. We had a string of bad church experiences for a few years, so we've been absolutely thrilled to have found a church that we truly enjoy. The kids beg to go to church - we are always early!! If they find out we aren't going to church, or aren't staying for the meal after church, they are so upset with us. We feel so blessed with this church.
Despite many interruptions to school this year, I think we will actually finish well. Abigail started the year behind in math (maybe a half year behind?). She has worked SO hard on math that she is actually due to finish 6th grade math next week. She's been doing 2 math assignments a day for months. She also finished grammar early and has started next years. Seems she has this goal of finishing high school early. Crazy girl! :-) Rebekah actually started 4th grade math yesterday. Now, just so you know I'm not super homeschooling mom, we basically ditched history this year. I'm thinking we'll have to listen to a bunch of history cd's this summer. I also really didn't do any school with Seth - he's technically kindergarten this year, but really not ready to sit still and do anything. He's just starting to read - and not very well at that. Matter of fact, Josiah is starting to read with him! :-) Just proves that all children are so different!!!
There, is that better? Maybe I could actually even post a few pictures one of these days!?!
2 comments:
I could jump for joy over Abby's success with math this year! I know what a struggle it has been at times!
I'm shocked you ditched history! I remember it being a favorite in your house. Nothing a few CDs and good historical fiction novels won't remedy :)
Glad homeschooling is going well. It is amazing how much we cover without realizing it. Have you used Story of the World- we have the books, but I know they come on CD- our kids like that series.
Post a Comment