Friday, April 2, 2010

Random Stuff

Seems like I haven't blogged in a while, but it really hasn't been that long. Last week, I was SICK. Started with a sore throat, worked its way into a raging sinus infection. Loads of fun. Eric's been quite busy at work, so he couldn't take any time off for me to be sick, so I kept going. I've discovered that I can do all things through Motrin and caffeine, which give me energy. (Sorry if I'm offending you with my tongue in cheek take on that verse!) Thursday was our 15th anniversary. Sweet Eric got to have dinner with his kids, and sick wife. Friday I went to the doctor. My ear, sinuses and throat were all a mess - antibiotics for me. Yippee. We had a fabulous date planned for Friday night - a hot tub and massage at a spa, dinner out and my sister kept the kids overnight. It was a very nice night, would have been much better if I hadn't felt like absolute crap. Nothing like a romantic evening with your husband when all you can think about it blowing your nose, coughing and sleep. Happy Anniversary Honey! :-)

Eric's brother and his family came into town Monday. We had the Amazing Race Vacation. They arrived Monday evening in Denver, the kids and I picked them up because Eric was in LA for the day. Tuesday we went to the Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, Cliff Dwellings Museum and Red Rock Canyon Open Space. We didn't get home until 6:30 - the kids and I stayed home, they all bathed and had supper. Eric, his brother and wife went out to a German restaurant for supper! Wednesday was our "down" day, so I stayed home with Little Bit. They went hiking at the Paint Mines for a couple hours. We had bison burgers and bison sausage for supper. Thursday was spent at the Royal Gorge. Great place, just don't go if there are 40 mph wind gusts! By last night we were all exhausted. They flew out this morning very early! We had tons of fun, but are all worn out.

Homeschooling has barely happened here this month. There are a combination of factors that have made it this way. One of the main ones is that I have just become so incredibly disorganized that if anything is "off", school doesn't happen. This MUST change. MUST. I am trying to figure out how to reorganize our basement, reorganize our school supplies, get myself back into the whole mindset of planning and organizing and staying on top of things. I would like to say this has been a problem just for a couple of months, but things have been deteriorating ever since we moved, so we're going on 2 years of this. My eldest child is not tolerant of her mother being so wishy washy anymore. The other kids are happy with me as long as I don't interrupt their play time. I'm hoping that by this fall I will have everything much better organized and a renewed sense of desire to actually school my children. Odd, I can not imagine sending them to school, but have no desire to teach them myself. Am I not the least bit concerned about having severely uneducated children? What about all that they are not learning? All the things I should be teaching and am not? Sadly, this doesn't bother me most days. Maybe this is what you call burnout?

2 comments:

lifebythehandful said...

Antibiotics + Anniversary = a surprise 6 weeks from now

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has been behind with school.

lifebythehandful said...

...or for that matter have no desire to "educate" anymore.