Today, my kids made "Scat Cookies" or "Coprophagy Cookies". Coprophagia is when an animal eats it's own poop. Nice. We have a book, Nature's Yucky, that my kids LOVE. At the end of the book there is a recipe for making your own Scat Cookies - including how to shape them to look like certain animal's scat. I'm pretty sure my kids have never enjoyed school so much. The comments! Gross and hilarious at the same time.
"The poop is too big, it won't cook all the way through." "That's ok, it will be squishy like poop!"
"Mom! I just made human poop!"
"Stop eating your poop."
You can imagine how many more great things were said. They now want to have a Disgusting Food Restaurant. Pee Lemonade, Chocolate Pudding Diarrhea ... They're still trying to come up with an idea for vomit.
And just think, I covered science, vocabulary and home ec today!
**Oh, and if you don't own this book yet, you have to buy it. I think we'll be getting their 2nd one for Christmas.
2 comments:
sounds like a great book- perfect for my kids!
I am so into talking about chocolate! Look for a future post on my Canadian chocolate bars!
Post a Comment