The last couple of weeks, I have caught myself saying numerous times, "what a zoo". Every time I kind of laugh to myself and think that I gave my blog a very appropriate name!
The packers arrive tomorrow morning between 8 and 10. We are NOT ready for them. Oh well, I'm guessing they won't arrive until 10. I get the most done early in the morning, so I've given up for the night. Our house is a mess!
No our house hasn't sold or rented yet. But hey, we did have someone come look at the house TODAY, interested in renting. Yes, the house was a mess when they showed up. They did call ahead of time, but Old Man was outside and I was at the midwife, so we didn't know they were coming. Did I mention we even emptied the attic today, into our bedroom? Yep, a mess. I'm guessing they will be the ones who want to rent. Nothing like working your tail off for a couple of months to keep the house ready to be shown only to have it shown at its absolute worst.
Back to the move. Packers here Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday, Old Man has to go to Virginia for outprocessing and a farewell luncheon. Obviously these people have no clue about moving or they would have planned it 2 weeks ago! Thursday the movers will come and empty the house. Friday morning, Old Man has to go to the Pentagon to do his final sign out. Not sure what we will be doing. I thought about cleaning some, but now I'm thinking breakfast at IHOP is a much better choice. :-) We drive out Friday afternoon.
For all you who think I'm nuts to drive this, I am. BUT, we are being wise about it! We will do no more than 6 hours of driving in a day and we are stopping every 2 hours. Seriously, I'm 31 weeks pregnant - how long can I go without peeing? And, yes, we are taking 2 cars.
Did I mention we need prayer??? Specifically for the drive, house here to rent or sell, buying a house in Colorado - the obvious stuff. But please also pray for the kids. Dawn, our oldest, is very sad. She is handling it well though. Anne, #2, not handling it real well. For those of you who know her, you can guess how easy she is being. The boys are doing pretty well. Pray also for the marriage here - moving is VERY stressful. Add pregnancy and the fact that this area is "home" for Old Man and you have a good chance of fighting.
All right, to bed. I am TIRED and I live in a zoo. :-)
2 comments:
Oh Tonya!
Bless Your Heart! I am praying for you.
I have moved plenty (though always around here) it is always hard, but I've never had to do it pregnant!
Just keep thinking about when you get to your sisters. Maybe you two can go hang out at a hotel room for a weekend away and leave the men with all the kids!
Sounds good to me! In fact, can I come? :o)
You will be in our prayers. What a crazy time to move, but if anyone can do it, it's the two of you. Bring lots of bribery ammo and be ready to threaten your kids within an inch of their lives (these are my strategies).
Other better moms might suggest some travel games. Print off a map of the US and as the kids see plates from that state, they color it in. Put velcro on a matchbox and place the names of the cities you plan to stop in on the interior roof of the car. As you stop as these places the kids can move the velcro car and see where they've been and how much further they have to go.
Have fun!!
Post a Comment