I'm sure you are all dying to know how we are doing. Well, we are here in Colorado Springs. We arrived Wednesday evening. The drive was long. LONG. Very very long. We survived. I am still exhausted and not wanting to do anything at this point. Old Man is out on his second day of house hunting. The kids are thrilled to be playing with cousins.
Speaking of family, my parents and a niece and nephew are actually in town here this week. The day we left Maryland, one of my great-aunts died. So my parents met us in Kansas on their way to the funeral. Yep, we even managed to throw a funeral into the whole move. I didn't actually attend (I decided taking 4 kids to a funeral, who had been cooped up in a car for days, was foolish). I did attend the reception afterwards.
Not much else to say right now. Old Man and I are worn out. I'm wondering if this whole move was the "right" thing to do. We prayed about it, I felt this was what God was doing, was certain He answered the prayers by giving us this job. Right now I just think this was about the worst possible timing for us and nothing seems to be going well. House in Maryland still not sold or rented. 32 weeks pregnant and living in a relative's house (without a/c). Uprooting 4 kids, which makes parenting much harder - and I'm 32 weeks pregnant. Old Man could have just retired in 6 months. So, I'm feeling much guilt and question about this whole thing. I remind myself that we prayed, He answered, but right now it just "feels" sooooo wrong.
4 comments:
Glad to hear you all made it okay! Don't second guess yourselves. Personally, I feel there are many ways in this life that can be "God's Will" Will you and are you growing closer to Him? That's the biggest will for God in our lives. Hang in there - you've gotten through a lot of the tough stuff already. Take an hour (minute!) at a time. Take lots of deep breaths and grab as much sleep as you can. Those houses in Colorado will still be there in a few days in this market! 'Nough preachin. Hugs - Anita
Hang in there, baby. Just because something is hard doesn't make it counter to God's will, right? I'm praying for you. I feel for you, Ms Preggers.
Was the G-A who died from our side, or your other side? B wants to know.
Praying for many blessings, big and small, for YOU and your family. You're awesome!
xoxo
p.s. good luck finding a midwife in CS! I'll pray for that, too. Are you going homebirth or hospital? Have you worked thru your fears from last time?
I'm so glad you made it. You have been on my heart and in my prayers. Just be patient.
"We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
Love,
Maurisa
I'm glad you made it and that you still have four kids! That right there is an accomplishment;) You're my hero!
Post a Comment