It is official. The waiver is signed (was on Monday, but did they think to call us and tell us? NO. Whatever.). Now it just has to go through AFPC (Air Force Personnel Center for all you non military folks) to have the orders made official. Old Man asked for a report no later than date of August 1, which means he will plan to leave here around July 15.
You probably think I'm jumping up and down right now, thrilled. Nope. I think I'm starting to panic. Feel overwhelmed. Freaking out. We have sooooo incredibly much to do, decisions to make, house to sell, things to get rid of, YIKES! Yep, panic. That is my feeling. Fortunately I have some verses posted next to me that I will be quoting over and over for the next couple months. Philippians 4:19, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, Isaiah 40:31 and Galatians 6:9.
Gotta go. TONS to do!
6 comments:
Congrats! Good to find out, either way! Although yes, moving is an insurmountable mountain of work. Good luck! At least you know now what to do with your living room!
I answered your comment in the comments section of my post about mat. leave if you want to read my reply.
I'm mailing you a dress I bought for my baby which obviously will be quite inappropriate for him. Besides, no matter how many siblings a baby has, they deserve some clothes that belong to them alone. Hopefully the weather in Co. will be appropriate at the right time of year for it.
xo
LOL, I know what you mean--"Now that I know for certain, let's go back to the way things were"! I know how overwhelming this move must seem. I'm praying for extra grace and strength for you. Still--how exciting!! Colorado!! Maybe we'll finally be able to meet in person sometime out there! : )
You are going to be busy, though it must be nice to have it actually finalized. Will pray that things go smoothly for you all.
Further to our mat. leave conversation;
I think a clincher may be that 'fear' you mentioned in moms whose jobs may have been taken over or changed while they were gone...
In Cda it is illegal to give a woman's position away while she is on mat. leave, or because she will be going on mat. leave. It is considered a violation of her human rights to deny a woman: hiring, training, promotions, transfers, wage increases, or job opportunities because she is pregnant or on/pending mat. leave. Also if she is penalized in any way, thru loss of seniority and such.
Because it's considered a human rights violation, if a woman's job is changed or given away while she is on mat. leave she can sue her employer via the human rights tribunal, not pay a penny in legal fees, and if her claim is valid, she will win. Thus, employers guard womens' jobs while women are on mat. leave.
We still have sexism, and attempted violations, etc, but they are pretty rare.
Anyways I'm sure that contributes to the more relaxed attitude I see in women regarding their year long leave in Cda. They are def. not afraid of their job changing, disappearing, or being taken over, as far as I've seen. In fact, I remember seeing Rachel on "Friends" stress about that very fact, and I was a bit confused by it, but perhaps from what you say I can glean that it is not as much a given in the U.S. that your job is guaranteed to be waiting for you when you get back.
I did have one American friend living in Indiana who negotiated a year long leave of absence (unpaid) after her baby was born; she was an engineer for Ford and I guess she was valued by her company enough that they gave her that year. And then in the end she decided she couldn't leave her baby after all and stayed home!
:-)
She followed her heart. For that I say, good for her! And triple good for her, because I know she harbours fear of being abandoned and destitute with no job like her mother was after her father left them when she was a little girl. She has 2 babies now. They're adorable.
But that's the only time I've heard of that long of a leave coming from the U.S.
God is so good at working out situations like this! You will probably be busy, busy, but He will be faithful!
I had to come correct your thought that I look great in the morning. I look like I have been run over by a stampede of mad, crazed buffalo in the morning. We had already been up and out the door to church by the time this pick was taken. The kids made me go BACK to bed for my brunch.
Post a Comment