Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Waiting on a Waiver

Last week (Monday, I think, maybe Tuesday morning), Old Man submitted a waiver for us to move this summer. The deal is, he has a "4 year controlled tour" in his current job. He will have been in the job 3 years this summer. That means he has to get approval to move prior to his 4 years are done. He said it would be no big deal, should be signed in a day or two. Well, as you can see, it's been a tad more then that. He finally heard something about it today though! Turns out that last week, the general, who has to sign this thing, her "staff" was out of town. (I know that is a horrid sentence, go ahead and correct it if you need to.) Apparently if her staff is out of town, she doesn't get things like waivers to sign. This week, her staff is in town, she is out of town. Returns on Friday. What are the odds we will know anything before next week? I'm thinking slim to none.

Why does this matter? I mean, seriously, we aren't moving until July, if we move at all. How many of you are aware of the current slow down on house sales? Yes, we need to put our house on the market May 1 if we are moving in July. Let's look at the calendar folks - that is in 3 and a half weeks from today. Yikes! We only need to do some painting, replace lights, throw out a ton of junk, basically act like a family of 6 doesn't live in this house 24 hours a day. Hee hee, this should be fun. As of today, we are acting as if we are moving. That way, if we don't, we will have painted, put in new lighting and thrown out a bunch of stuff - all good things even if you aren't moving!

On a completely unrelated topic, David, our youngest, has put himself in the corner twice this morning. Which we all find hilarious. The first time, his sister, Anne, was the one in trouble. She was sent to sit in a chair for not giving him something she was told to give to him. Next thing we know, he had his nose in the corner. I went with it. "David, are you ready to say sorry to Anne?" "No." "Ok, then put your nose back in the corner." He finally went over to her, said sorry and gave her a hug. I did point out to her that he was giving her a very good example at this point. She was being stubborn and refused to walk over and apologize to him. :-) The second time, he hit Joseph over the head with something. He immediately walked over, put his nose in the corner and said, "I in the corner." We all started laughing.

3 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

What a cute story! When I put my 5 year old on time out, I often turn around to see his 2 year old brother sitting with him.

Hope you find out about your move soon. It would be hard to have your house on the market and homeschool!

Anonymous said...

I know you must be thrilled about the prospect of moving to Colorado. I am happy for you guys! We have some news in that department too. We are moving to England sometime in June (I think). We don't have an exact date yet. The whirlwind has started! I will email you with more details later, I promise! Rebekah

Bob and Claire said...

Hey, we're finally back, and I'm catching up on all the blogs--I've been wondering what the status is for you guys. Guess I didn't miss too much! Crazy AF. I like your attitude about getting your house ready, LOL. We'll be praying so hard whenever you do put your house on the market--hopefully you'll see a real miracle, even in this slow market! : )