Friday, March 21, 2008

Losing IT

We have had a particularly stressful week (month?) due to trying to decide if my husband will retire next January or take another military assignment this summer. There is a huge amount more involved in this decision than just that little sentence, so trust me, this is stressful. I was under the impression that the deadline to make a decision was today. Turns out I was wrong. I'm not handling the not knowing very well tonight. I've been ok with it, but I guess just thinking that we would know something tonight gave me some relief. Not knowing tonight is NOT GOOD.

In light of that, I called to make an appointment to get my hair cut. Understand, I get my hair cut 2-3 times a year. I am VERY picky about who cuts my hair (having had a horrific experience once). A couple years ago, I found the perfect hairdresser. Donna, at Miracles. She looked normal, is a mom, just seemed down to earth. Well, you can guess, SHE MOVED. Oh my goodness, I really want to sit here and cry over this! Stressed a bit? Hormonal maybe? This just completely stinks. So I had to make an appointment with a different person. Which causes me huge amounts of stress. What if she completely botches my hair? Seriously, how hard is this - it's long, not much to it. But it has happened before.

All right. Now you know how completely dumb and shallow I can be. It's just a stinkin' hair cut! Who really cares? If they botch it, it will grow out. But did I mention I have to attend my husband's 20th college reunion the end of April? AND I'm PREGNANT and NOT in shape? I NEED to at least have nice hair!?!?!

YES, I'm losing it. Someone please tell me this doesn't matter. No one is even going to notice my hair when I show up obviously pregnant (with our 5th child) to his reunion. THAT will definitely be the focal point. Maybe I'll just dye my hair green, get a tattoo and a few piercings - you think they won't notice I'm pregnant then?

Where's the wine, chocolate and bath?

5 comments:

Bob and Claire said...

Oh my goodness, I can totally identify!! When I was pregnant with I think Anna, I found out that the brand of toothpaste I use was being discontinued (I have to use this special stuff with no sodium laurel sulfate or else I get terrible canker sores). I was DEVASTATED! Hormones are crazy things.

You totally do need good hair for the reunion!! I actually thought it would be fine to have one of my high school reunions when I was 35 weeks pregnant with my third. and I was planning it. What was I thinking?! When it came time, the last people I wanted to see at 35 weeks were former classmates! I looked like such a cow, LOL. At least you won't be that pregnant! : ) I do hope you find someone good. I also rarely get my hair cut, although it needs help, because I can't find anyone to cut my curly hair well (that, and I'm not willing to fork out huge amounts of money--if I would, maybe I'd find someone, LOL). It's very frustrating.

We just found out Bob got an extension here, so we have kicked that can down the road. It is so stressful though. I hate the uncertainty.

Thanks for praying for Bob. I will email you later--we do have some questions.

Halfmoon Girl said...

You will be glowing and beautiful for that reunion! Hold your head up high, shoulders back and announce that you are not CRAZY to be having another baby! ( I get that comment a lot). I hope that you find a great hairdresser, BTW- having good hair just makes the world a more beautiful place, doesn't it?

melissa v. said...

Nope, you're definitely on the right track, here. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE HAIR!!
Without good hair, I'm totally depressed.
I'm with you 100%.
A good hairdresser is worth a thousand bucks (not literally) AND a good cry when they leave. Bad ones should be shot.

xo

Good luck. Fortunately, there are more good hairdressers than bad, in the world. IME.

Pam's really driving me nuts lately. Does it bug you too? Nobody has anything intelligent to say lately. I tried, with my latest comment, but nobody but Lori had anything to say and she didn't get me. You get me, right?
I'm so glad I have you.

:-)

Chainsaw said...

This doesn't matter.

You're welcome.

Anonymous said...

Well your hair looks great in the Easter shot so I'm assuming you were able to find a good stylist, but I'm curious as to what's wrong with the green hair, piercings, and tattoo. You've been away from Cali for too long.

-erica