Friday, March 28, 2008

A Crazy Week

This has been a very very crazy week. I went to the midwife on Monday. First appointment. Heard the baby's heartbeat, everything looked fine. Except ... well, I was measuring 3 weeks ahead. I've never measured over! So, she suggests that maybe we should get an ultrasound to rule out twins. WHAT?

Even before that, on Monday morning, we got an e-mail about a job Old Man has been looking at (Air Force job) in Colorado Springs area. The e-mail was amazing. His potential boss said he only expects 40 hours a week and TDY once a quarter. I literally started crying when Old Man told me this. That is a dream job. Colorado? 40 hours a week? No commute? Rarely will he be gone? WHAT?

Needless to say, by the end of the day on Monday, I was a little bit of an emotional wreck.

Tuesday was our 13th Anniversary! Still an emotional wreck. It didn't help that, since a friend from high school contacted me, I decided to look at year books. Wow, I forgot how badly my junior year of school went. It was sad to look back at that year and remember. Since I was already an emotional disaster area, this did NOT help. I felt like I was feeling those emotions from a few years back (hee hee), all over again. Did I mention that Old Man wasn't sure about the job thing still? WHAT?

Wednesday wasn't too bad. At least I can hardly remember Wednesday at this point. :-) Oh, Wednesday evening, Old Man got a phone call that eliminated the only thing keeping him from accepting the job in Colorado. Good, in a way, but tough for him - so I was sad for him. Still a bit of a wreck here (although I don't think I cried on Wednesday at all).

Thursday, Old Man accepted the job!!! Now, don't get too excited. There are still a couple other things (out of our control) that have to happen in order for this job to go through. But, the house hunting has begun. We should PCS (move for all you non-military types - Permanent Change of Station) in July, if all goes as we would like.

Friday, ultrasound at 8 this morning. I have been so nauseated this week that I was starting to be sure it had to be twins. Why else would I feel so sick and tired at 16 weeks, plus be measuring large? Well, we are happy to announce that there is only ONE baby expected here! Thank GOD. I'm not sure I could have handled two. I was trying to think how I could escape my body and run away from that. Hmmm, not sure it can be done. :-)

So, I am not crying. Still nauseated. Not jumping up and down yet about Colorado - not until there is a move date given to us. Thrilled that we're only having one baby. And did I mention, looks like it is a girl. Still a little early to say for sure. I'll let you know in 4 weeks when they do another ultrasound. They like to do plenty with old people like me, you know. :-)

Oh, and Ranee, the due date is September 11. Thought you might like that.

6 comments:

RaneeMc said...

Well, Sept 11th is a bit of a mix, isn't it? Terrible day in history, but offset by the fact that at least one great person was born that day...two if your little one puts in her appearance on schedule!

My mother left yesterday...I'm in recovery mode...off to buy food -

Bob and Claire said...

Well, WOW! What a week! Gosh, Colorado sounds wonderful. We were out there for 5 years--Bob was at 3 bases, LOL--so we obviously loved it there. The sunshine, the mountains . . . sigh. I used to think Co Springs was a big city. LOL!!! Whenever we've gone back to visit after being here, I think what a dork I was! It's so easy to navigate! So little traffic (relativly!)! Everything is so convenient! Well, I'll be praying for it all to work out.

And I am relieved for you that there is only 1 in there! When I'm not pregnant, I'll think that twins look so cute, how fun, etc. But when push comes to shove, I am always so relieved to just have them one at a time! I don't know how I would handle that either!! : )

melissa v. said...

whew!! you scared ME for your sake with the idea of twins!!! I'm glad you posted after you already knew, or i may not have survived ;-)
colorado sounds awesome
xoxo
my edd is aug 17th so we;re not that far apart!! too bad you're still sick. You need a break!!

Halfmoon Girl said...

If I had ever had twins, I am sure it would have been wonderful. That being said, I am so happy I had only one baby at time!!! Sounds like a busy, emotional week- hope you get some rest this weekend!

Tricia said...

YEAH! Colorado!

I'm sure your parents will be thrilled as they can kill two birds with one stone when they visit.

I must say I'm disappointed it was only one. Twins are so much fun! Especially someone else's twins. :o)

Anonymous said...

You could have beat us in on shot if it had been twins, but I agree as number 5 approaches the thought of twins would be a little overwhelming to say the least. Glad to hear that CO is in your future since I know how much you have always loved it, although now we will never get to see one another. We were thinking of a MD trip but not until this fall or next summer.

-erica