Do you ever have days where the kids just can't seem to get along, obey or be motivated to do their school work? We are having one of those days. At one point I had 3 kids screaming, in 3 different rooms. Why? I don't even remember. I chose to blow dry my hair so I wouldn't have to listen. :-) The baby went down for a nap at 10 this morning. My 2nd born spent 30 minutes in her bed screaming and crying. I finally went in once she'd been quiet for a LONG time. Different child. How is that? She has been so pleasant since then. Our oldest struggles with math. STRUGGLES. And has a very bad attitude about this. So, I've spent the last 45 minutes dealing with math and bad attitude. (A side note on this - her math is VERY easy. We are just starting 4th grade Saxon and she's half way through 4th grade. We're talking addition problems right now. Addition. Tears over addition.) Ahhh. Joy. Fun. Did I mention we're supposed to be getting ready for a trip? We're leaving for Ohio tomorrow (don't be jealous, Claire!). This should be fun.
On another note. Our oldest had her first level 5 gymnastics competition yesterday. It went horribly. Her first event was beam. She was so nervous she was shaking. She went way too fast and fell off the beam in the very beginning. She fell off again when she did her cartwheel. Needless to say, her score was BAD. That set the mood for the rest of the meet. The one event she thought she would stink at was bars. It was her last event. At this point she had been sitting and crying in between events. She does bars and did GREAT. 8.2. Which helped her ego quite a bit! She was still silent the whole way home (an hour) and moped for a bit. I took her out to run errands and she felt much better after. She isn't even quitting gymnastics (which she said she was after 2 events). :-)
See you next week!
5 comments:
It must be in the air. We're having a day like that too.
I can't seem to get B motivated to do anything. He's been grounded, he's had to pay his tutor himself etc, but he just won't study and get his algebra done in a timely fashion. It's not about algebra. His tutor said he gets it right away every time. It's about him not wanting to do the work.
Sigh, why do we homeschool again?
Yeah, we have days like that too. And there is nothing like packing to bring them on!
Have a WONDERFUL time in Ohio and at the ceremony! I know you'll have fun catching up! : )
It's in the air. It's Monday. Something. Daniel is still doing schoolwork at nearly 10:00...
xo to y'all.
You know, I used to cry over addition, too. Especially around her age. When I got to multiplication I liked math for the first time EVER because all you have to do is memorize what times what equals what...for some reason, multiplication has ALWAYS been way easier than addition/subtraction for me. Also, I LOVED algebra because you can turn it into a sentence. I always could understand math if it was turned into words/a sentence. Plus, algebra involves a lot of multiplication, which I STILL like better than addition. I could still cry trying to add things up over and over and getting a different answer every time. Some of us are not cut out for math.
Blessings to you: I'd much rather have cried and been frustrated in front of my family than in front of my teachers and classmates at public school!
aren't you back yet?
Post a Comment