My husband did a couple different "spiritual gifts" inventory quiz type things online the other day, for both of us. I found some of the results very interesting.
First, did you know that "voluntary poverty" is a spiritual gift? Lucky me, I have it. Really lucky me, my husband doesn't. Therefore he can justify purchasing a McMansion for a house and a Hummer as his next car. He isn't good at being poor. He's good at having the nicer things in life. Therefore, he should just be thankful for his gifts and understand the areas he isn't gifted in, right? :-) Yah, right.
Here is another interesting one: "Artistry: While not specifically in the New Testament, God has gifted individuals with remarkable craftsmanship and artistic skills from the earliest of recorded time. The Old Testament provides vivid accounts of God’s distribution of giftedness in these areas - whether for the building of temples or for use to glorify God in praise." OK, so you're telling me it isn't in the Bible as a gift, but it still IS a gift. Obviously people are gifted in artistic areas. But is that a spiritual gift?
My favorite spiritual gift, which thankfully neither of us possess AT ALL (we both got a zero) - celibacy. I'm guessing that's a good thing since we're married. Oh, maybe I should look at those questions - HE did answer them for both of us. Hmmmmm. :-)
So, if you really want to know. My husband is gifted in the exact ways I would expect - leadership, administration, teaching, giving. Me, I'm gifted in hospitality, mercy, discernment and giving. We are, no surprise, pretty much polar opposites. I love that God fits us together like a puzzle!
2 comments:
Okay, okay, I'm commenting! Unfortunately I have nothing witty to say - I would guess that off-the-cuff witty commentary is not my gift (perhaps I will think of something later...)
I think I can agree with what the quiz said your gifts were...where can I get a copy of the quiz to see what mine are? If I have any that is...
your voluntary poverty thing sounds like me & chris. :) i told him, if i lived alone, i'd probably live in a trailor somewhere, b/c i'd give all my money away. instead, i live in a big fancy house, & own 2 motorcycles & 2 scooters. :)
Post a Comment