I started a post about who we are a few days ago. That is when the thought hit me, "why am I doing this?" I mean, if it is just for my family and friends, then I don't need to introduce us! But, thanks to Tricia, people I don't know in real life (IRL is the "right" way to do this, but I just can't do the acronym thing yet), are reading my blog! So, here is my family.
First, my husband. Officially, he is a Lt. Col. in the US Air Force. I haven't been in his office in over 10 years and don't really know what he does at work. The kids think that he showers there (he does sometimes, after working out), that he sees crocodiles there (???) and that he wrestles at work, since he loves wrestling when he gets home! :-) We have been married for almost 13 years. All wonderful wedded bliss. Well, except for when we don't get along. :-) He is the One that God chose for me, of that I do not doubt. His biggest desire is to raise our children to love the Lord, to follow the Lord, to be obedient to Christ. Besides that, he plays the guitar (quite well, I will say!), he runs and currently is spending tons of time trying to figure out what he will do when he retires from the Air Force. Which could happen in another year! Yikes! Here is a picture of him with one of his guitars. (Most people think he is very serious. I like this picture because it proves he is NOT! Well, he can be.)
Next is our oldest daughter. She is 9 - turning 10 in just a couple of months. She is so excited about "double digits!" She is the reason I refer to our family as a zoo. She is a MONKEY! She climbed a flag pole when she was only 6, bare hands and feet. She is in gymnastics and loves it! She is also taking piano lessons. Her favorite subjects in school are science, history and geography. She absolutely hates math!
Then we have daughter #2. She will soon be 7. When you see this quiet, petite, blond hair, blue-eyed girl, you think - wow, so cute and quiet. Then you get to know her and you realize that she is a fire cracker! Fiercely independent, an awesome imagination, very focused, can we say strong-willed? :-) She is currently taking ballet and piano.
Since we are a very organized couple, we had our 2 girls first and then our 2 boys. Did I mention my husband is an engineer? So, now we have our first son, who is 4. He is a B O Y. Vehicles, sports, weapons, wrestling, superheros. And, he loves his mommy very very much. :-) Since he has 2 older sisters, he is being carefully schooled in how to treat a girl. Watch out moms, he will know how to win your daughters' hearts! When he was 3, he would tell women, "you're hair is gorgeous." Yes, I will lock him up when he turns 16.
The youngest one in our zoo is our 20 month old son. He is a typical toddler, climbs everything, screams when he doesn't get his way, sleeps horribly, smiles as cute as he can, talks all the time (and we even understand most of it!).
I realize that I haven't included myself in this list. But, since it's my blog, I guess I'll introduce myself more slowly.
6 comments:
Awesome pix! Your kids sure have grown up in the last 4 years! :) Yeah, include a picture of yourself. My clearest memory of Eric is of him biting my head off about a comment regarding homeschooling. Ha ha! I don't remember much else, and I didn't get to see that goofy face. Do you still live in the same house? xo miss you.
Wow, you're quick! What did you say about homeschooling? Eric isn't prone to biting peoples heads off. He does have a dry sense of humor, which many misunderstand. Plus, he is a man, so doesn't always think about how his comments might come across. Yep, same house!
Picture of me? I'll think about it. :-) I'm getting too old for pictures!
yes, important to include yourself. Make sure you do that. Lovely family!
It is almost shocking to me how much your girls look like you!
I've always known that, but that photo of your #2 is just strikingly similar to you!
All your little ones are so adorable.
BTW, you are picking all this up very quickly. It took me months just to figure out how to put a link in my blog. :o)
Nope, it was not humour. Nice try, though. I didn't take it personally, don't worry!
I was commenting that socializing homeschooled kids is really not a great concern because of the homeschool group activities available and extracurricular activities available, and he was quite adamant that God-designed socialization was meant to develop within the context of family and not school.
I did not disagree with him.
But don't get your panties in a knot, I thought it was a funny memory! I'm not easily offended now, and I wasn't then.
PLEASE, PLEASE picture of you: get Abby to take it, then you will like it because you will see yourself through the lens of her eyes.
Melissa,
It is good you aren't easily offended! He is opinionated! :-) Funny. I always want him to come across as friendly and fun. But that is more my personality! :-) He is fun, but not publicly very much. Friendly, not a word I would use to describe him! :-) Quiet, reserved, critical (not in a mean way, but just looks at things with a more critical eye - me, I just assume the best of everyone until proven otherwise!), introverted, engineer - those are probably better words.
Post a Comment