Friday, December 21, 2007

A Great Book

I just finished reading a wonderful book. Since I've been recommending it to different people, I thought I would recommend it here! The book is, "The Ministry of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson. She and her husband have a wonderful ministry, Whole Heart Ministries. This book is the first book about parenting that speaks my heart's desire. This quote is a good summary of the book, "This is the true ministry of motherhood - to usher my children into the living presence of God, to nurture in them a heart for Jesus and the Great Commission He has called each of us to fulfill." (pg. 209) You must must read this book! Check out their ministry too!

1 comment:

sixbergerons said...

I literally was JUST thinking to myself: "How pathetic is this Cara? The boys are sledding and Eva is napping and you're sitting at a COMPUTER like a voyeur checking in on your girlfriends' BLOGS" when I read the same sentiment in your e-mail. So excited that now we can have virtual chats and share thoughts even if we can't sit by the fire and chat. Love you. Cara