I am very "natural" in my thinking. Natural childbirth (4 without drugs or other interference), extended breastfeeding, wear the babies in a sling, use herbs and homeopaths, attempt to eat in a healthy way (although the turkey corn dogs my children are inhaling right now are evidence that I don't always do that!), I like to garden, I'm fairly "environmental", used cloth diapers with my first (but I did give that up without much guilt at all!), we attempt simple living. I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of in this category.
We are Christians. I was raised in a Christian home, rejected it for a while and came back to it when I was 20. We definitely have a Christian "worldview". Because of this we have felt led to home school our children. Man, actually, this affects so much of my life and the way I operate that I don't think I can write it all down. The main thing is that Jesus is my friend! I talk to Him, want to know Him more, want to spend time with Him, want Him to have control in my life.
I am a military brat and military spouse. When we moved into our current home, I counted all my past home addresses - 22! We have lived in this house for 5-1/2 years, which is longer than I have lived anywhere in my life. Not sure this is where I wanted to land, but God knows what He is doing!
I am "outdoorsy" (is that a word?). I love to hike, camp, garden, walk, run, just be outside. My dream is to have a farm with 20 or more acres, a few chickens, dogs, horses, you name it! :-)
I am also sick today, so this is it for now. Oh, forgot, a picture. All right, I'll find one and add it.
So, there I am with 3 of my kids. This is actually a recent picture! I was trying to have pictures taken of my haircut so I could send them to my sister. The pictures didn't turn out very well and I never did send them to her. So, sorry susa!
OH! Forgot this part too. My brain is soooo not working today. I play the piano, and love love to read. Like to bake too. And fireplaces. And cats. And dogs. Do I need to keep going here? :-)
4 comments:
awesome!
xo
love you.
I can't decide if, in your picture, you look scared, or if you look like you are about to boss somebody around.
:D
feeling sick today. darn baby. Dunno what to make for dinner and need to start pronto. Am procrastinating on the computer. :D
Also hunting for a midwife.
p.s. I looked again, and decided that you look thoughtful. Not the first two suggestions I made; thoughtful. Thinking of what to name your next child??
lol
Ack! I had a great reply. Didn't go through, some error. So, here it is in short: no baby names for me any time soon; I was probably talking; good to be sick, otherwise, for me, I lose the baby; have a "snacky" supper - cheese, fruit, popcorn and nuts.
Now, let's see if this works!
yeah, I'm trying to celebrate the sick b/c it means I'm still pg...it's tough w/ other kids around; their needs don't dissipate just b/c I'm sick...
Post a Comment