Homeschooling has been slightly scattered this year so far. I didn't set a "schedule" up for myself and have been just kind of winging it. I don't ever make a strict schedule, but more of a guideline for what should happen next each day. I'm trying to get things a little less scattered, so I'm trying to come up with things to do to make that happen.
Step 1 - start doing school in the basement again (where all the school books are supposed to be located, less distractions for me - kitchen, laundry, computer)
That's as far as I've gotten!!! I'll let you know if I ever conquer Step 1 and figure out Step 2. Any suggestions?
***After this morning, I am remembering why school became so scattered to begin with. I cannot stand trying to read aloud to my children while being interrupted numerous times, having to re-read a sentence more than once, breaking up fights in the middle of reading, and getting up to cart a repeat offender off to their room. All of this leads to me showing my sin nature in full. It's ugly and I don't like myself or my children at that point. I can't seem to get past these events happening while I'm trying to read to my kids. Which is why I quit trying to read to them on a regular, scheduled basis. It seems to work better when I take advantage of a moment when a certain child is occupied or a big sister is available to keep said child occupied. Having to wait for those moments makes it impossible to have a "regularly scheduled program".
No comments:
Post a Comment