Apparently one of my past blog posts caught some attention this week. I'm a bit intrigued by the whole thing. A post where I was in a horrible mood and posted exactly what I thought is being read, lots. So people like it when I throw a temper tantrum? :-) For those of you who don't know what post it is, here's the link: Foul Mood. I did post a follow up to that one the next day, about trying to figure out the solution to my frustrations.
My husband said I should say something else, since new people are reading this. But, truthfully, I don't know what to say!!! Life is very very hard. Whether you homeschool or put your kids in public school or don't have kids or you're married or you're not married or whatever, life is hard. Somehow we need to figure out how to support and encourage each other in the midst of it all!
Instead of trying to say something smart and perfect, I will point you to someone who has encouraged me over and over again with her writings, Sally Clarkson. Her writings speak to my soul. She communicates exactly what I'm feeling and am unable to express. And she is REAL. I just finished reading her book, Season's of a Mother's Heart. It took me at least a year to read this book (if you know me, you know I read books in a day or two). I cried pretty much every time I read it (also, if you know me, you know I don't cry easily). It was encouraging and challenging and just what I needed.
Thanks to all who have read a bit of my ramblings this past week.
2 comments:
I don't know you; I popped over from Amy's Humble Musings, along with a lot of other people probably. But I hope you don't mind if I drop a comment about your "rant" post.
I think lots of people liked that post because it is something we all feel and think we are the only ones who are feeling it! If you replace the paragraphs about raising children and homeschooling with similar paragraphs about teaching and professional development/research, that is how I feel so often! And I usually throw in something about how "I don't even have kids yet, so even if I work 40+ hours a week and try to keep my house and cook meals from scratch, I should have all this free time to volunteer for things and feed the hungry and evangelize the world!" :) I can make such a huge list of all the expectations "people" have...whoever "people" are, since it's not my husband or family. I told my husband some of the things you said, and he recognized them from things I've been fussing about. He's still trying to figure out where we get all these expectations.
I wanted to let you know how encouraging it was to me to find out other "good" people feel this way too! And that one can admit it and then go on with life, and the reminder that God gives us strength to handle what He's given us. Looking around at my female colleagues, most of whom have children, and the homeschooling moms in my sister's church, they always look so together I thought I must be the only one who feels this pressure. Thank you!
~Jenny in Ohio
It is great reading posts that are so transparent! Thank you! Even if you were just venting, you said things that so many of us feel at times.
Thank you too for sharing the I Take Joy website - I can tell I'll enjoy it over there too!
Post a Comment