Sunday, July 18, 2010

WHINE

I'm feeling a bit over-sensitive this morning, didn't get enough sleep and Eric left town.  My mood is not good.  If you don't want to hear my complaints, stop reading now.  If you can offer a laugh or word of encouragement, read on.  :-)

All week, I had it in my head that Eric was flying out at noon today.  So I had my "plan" for the morning in place.  We were going to go for a run, he would help me get everyone ready for church, I would leave and he would still be home.  Last night, around 9:30, he told me his flight was leaving at 9:30 this morning.  The difference in time with him is 1-1/2 hours.  That's all.  But for some reason, it threw me.  Completely threw me.  I mean, I can handle 4 days of him being gone, getting ready for a trip without him here, but tell me he's leaving earlier than I anticipated and I was in tears.  What is wrong with me???  Seriously?  I still feel like crying over this - and he's not here!!!  So get OVER it already.  For some reason I can't this time.

Josiah woke up at 2:00 a.m. with a bad dream.  Which means I was up for about an hour last night.  Then our favorite neighbor (NOT) was yelling at someone at 5:30 this morning ... outside.  Yep, outside.  She has a habit of either fighting on her back deck or yelling out her window at all hours of the night.  I'm not feeling very friendly to her right now.  Add that to the fact that I just noticed (as I was putting my shirt on) that her boyfriend was outside my window with a child, actually in my yard.  Nice.  Thanks.

Rebekah looked at me a little bit ago and asked, "is that what you're wearing to church?"  GRRR.  Sigh.  Yes, yes it is.  She was hoping I would wear a skirt I had laid out.  But it didn't fit.  Which leads me to another complaint for this morning.  NONE of my clothes seem to be fitting these days.  I am heavier than ever.  And I've been running regularly for the past 3 weeks, watching what I eat ...  My sister tries to tell me it's muscle weight that I'm gaining, but I just can't buy it.  And, NO, I'm not pregnant, nor am I pms'ing - despite what I sound like today!!!

One other thing.  I have a friend who used to read this blog all the time.  Now she doesn't at all, as far as I can tell.  I sent her an e-mail a week ago, no reply.  Is she mad at me?  Just stinking busy?  Pathetic that my relationships are completely over the computer these days, it seems.  Granted, we don't live anywhere close to each other, but still.  I was starting to wonder how you can fight with someone you never speak to, never see, and your entire relationship is over the computer.  I know it's plausible, but still.  And if we're fighting, would I know it?  Or, is she just busy (I know she is crazy busy right now) and hasn't had time?

See, over sensitive.  Grumpy.  Grouchy.  Whiny.  Too many little nit-picky stupid things going on.  OH, wait.  One more.  I decided to take a trip to Dallas to see my parents.  It is truly the only place I can go and get any sort of a break from responsibility.  My parents are amazingly helpful.  Love my kids.  Take care of us.  But it's stinking hot there.  I keep questioning my sanity on taking this trip.  And Eric is going with us, but has to fly home to take a work trip.  Which means I get to drive 14 hours with the kids and no other adults.  I will stop half way for the night, but still...

All right.  Time to head out for church.  Hopefully I can spend the next couple hours getting my attitude fixed!  :-)

6 comments:

Maurisa said...

As much as it might not be enjoyable for others to read your whine, does it make you feel a little bit better to write out your trials and tribulations? Writing can be greatly therapeutic, although I might make one suggestion. Once you've written your rant, let it go. I know, sounds easier to say than to do, right? Just give it a whirl and let me know if it helps. I'll be here to read it regardless.

Here's to having a better rest of the day :)

Tonya said...

Maurisa, yes, it does help me to write it all out. I felt much better after that. Maybe I should reserve my whining/writing for a notebook. I just type so fast, that it's quicker than handwriting anything! :-) I do try to let it go after writing it down. I seriously am feeling better about it all. Thanks!

lifebythehandful said...

I personally like to hear others whine, it makes me realize I'm not alone in this world. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Hang in there tomorrow is another day, hopefully a day without crazy neighbors. :)

Kristy said...

Tonya--It's the heat. I have been so grouchy since we have been back from VA and I am blaming the heat. :)
I like to hear others whine too, because I like REAL people. It seems that in the Christian homeschool circles we move in it is hard to find people who are real and really honest. Everyone is trying so hard to look like the perfect family on the outside and underneath they are struggling and frustrated but afraid to let anyone know. Thanks for being real!

lara said...

it's validatind to let others know how you feel. so if you need, whine away.i'll read itand say.. right on sista! but i agree with Maurisa, then let it go.. give it all to Him :)
love you, lara

lifebythehandful said...

Where are you? I am missing your posts.