Sigh. BIG sigh. I really really cannot stand the whole aging process. I want to feel and look like I'm young again! Strong muscles, toned body, energy, health, vigor. Now I have flabby muscles, fat body, no energy, sickness and exhaustion. How in the world can you fix this problem??
In light of this problem, I'm hoping to get in shape. I've started running again. Which makes me very upset. I used to run all the time. Ran 5K's once a month. My fastest 5K was about 23-1/2 minutes. Not too shabby! Now I'd be happy to be able to RUN 2 miles and not have to stop and walk. Part of the problem is that we live at 7000 feet elevation. The whole time I'm trying to run I'm sucking wind. Sigh.
Anyone out there with some hope for me? Encouragement? I want to lose at least 10 pounds, 15 wouldn't be bad. I know I'll never look like I did at 16, but I would settle for having more energy, not getting sick so easily and not cringing when I see my belly flab. :-)
Sigh.
5 comments:
No real words of encouragement, but I am right there with you. I also would LOVE to lose 10 pounds. I'd be ecstatic at 15, but I would definitely settle for 10. I've even been exercising regularly the past 2 months and really worked to eat healthily. I've lost a grand total of . . . 1 pound! Wow! That will really make a difference for my flabby tummy, which causes people even in my church to ask when the next one is due!! Sigh. And the thing about exercising is that now I hurt after I do it, not like when I was in my 20's! My hip has bothered me ever since my 6th pregnancy, but it doesn't hurt as much when I don't exercise, LOL. Sometimes my knees hurt, etc. I'm getting old! How did this happen?! I still have all these kids to run around after!! Well, if you hit upon any miracle solutions, short of a tummy tuck, let me know! : )
Just keep working at it- you will notice a difference soon...even if it is slower progress than it used to be, you will still feel better with those endorphins running through your body. I, too, am finding it hard to lose those last 15 lbs...my baby is 5 now, so no more excuses. I guess I will really have to WORK at it now that I am almost 37.
keep in mind, that your body is still healthy. you can hold your children( even your twelve year old), walk them to the park, and dance with your husband, these things may be fleeting as the other stuff...lately i've been realizing that there is so much i still can do and yes i'll be forty soon, too! i agree work hard to feel healthier and be able to have some more stamina and endurance, but you , my friend, are as beautiful as your ever were. even more so, because you shine from the inside. yes, as a 20 year old you could have won Miss America, but right now you are more beautiful by a whole new set of standards :) i love you! and really wish we could be running partners!
Hi! I get those feelings every now and then but am too busy to think too much into it. Disappointment sets in b/c I can never commit to anything w/all the kids and me wondering am I pregnant or not? heee heee
I used to run too. but that chapter is over...for now. I feel okay with it. I am not driven by it b/c it's just not the time for me right now. I try to focus on the things I can do and do them well. This is not easy but maybe walking up and down stairs a whole lot could be a workout. I heard that the Wii is great for workouts (though I never tried it! :)) BTW, I am pregnant now! I know it is very healthy to keep some exercise going and even to loose a few pounds but you look great! Don't get too warped about it! God knows what we can and cannot do. He knows our thoughts and intentions. When I get hit with the thoughts you have now, I try to dive more into prayer and reading the Bible to help me discern what I can really do and why I am doing it.
Hope that helps! GOd bless,
Mary @ CHeerios
Here's some encouragement: Your friend who is almost 34 can't even run a 1/4 mile without being winded and passing gas (what is up with that??). The fact that she is in a size 6 pants means nothing when your stomach looks five months pregnant.
As wrong as it may be, when we compare ourselves to others and see we are better off than they are, we can't help but feel a little better.
BTW, in my mind you will always be my crazy healthy friend who is the size of a toothpick. (The perks of moving away is that people stay in your mind just as they were). ;)
Post a Comment