Eric is out with the two older girls this morning, so it's just me and the three little ones. I needed to take a shower and thought I could just put a video on downstairs (one that Little Bit likes) and get a quick shower. Everything was fine until after my shower. I was starting to clean up the kitchen a bit. The kids were still downstairs watching a video. Suddenly there was an incredibly loud noise coming from the basement. VERY VERY VERY loud. I had NO idea what could make such a long noise - not a quick noise, but one that just kept going. I quickly ran down the stairs. As I get to the middle of the stairs, the boys and the dog are screaming and crying and trying to get through the gate to come upstairs. This scared me even worse! WHAT could be making so much noise?? WHAT did they do? And WHERE is the baby? I vaulted over the gate and ran around the corner. Little Bit is running towards me - of course she has no clothing or diaper on. At this point I'm pretty sure she's turned the volume of the television up super loud. I turn the tv off - still loud. Turn the DVD player off - still loud. Then I see the radio player thingy (cannot think of the name right now) is on. Turn it off. Ahhh, silence. Little Bit had opened up the stereo doors, turned the volume to the speakers ALL The way on (and these are HUGE speakers - if you've been to my house you know the speakers I am speaking of) and then she turned the power on. Static coming through as loud as you can imagine.
I sat down on the floor, trying to recover from the adrenaline rush. I'm pretty sure the whole thing took about 15 seconds from the time I heard the noise to when I got it shut off. The boys come back in the room with me and tell me that the dog had broken down the gate. Yep, sure enough, the gate is broken.
At this point, Little Bit was looking pretty subdued. She brought me her diaper and pajamas so I could get her dressed again. She has never done that before! I'm wondering if she thinks there is a connection between her taking her clothes off and the very scary, loud noise. Fear can be a great motivator. I wonder if she is done with the whole stripping act? :-) We shall see!
Oh, and I will be having a chat with my boys about leaving their baby sister behind to deal with the terrifying monster. Seriously boys!?!? :-)
4 comments:
OH, Tonya! I'm sure it was not that funny to you, but I laughed my head off!
Hopefully Little Bit will equate big loud awful sounds with stripping, and leave her clothes on!
SO FUNNY!
I can so totally visualize that happening! I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you, that your big, strong, brave boys abandoned their little sister :-)
If some good comes of the fright. Was it worth it? LOL!
OH MY GOSH, that was so funny I'm crying. Wow! So hilarious! And I can def. empathize--how the little rascals always figure out how to make the loudest, scariest noises come out of our electronic devices, I dunno!
And funny that your little bit is a stripper. Just gettin' a jump on the future career, mom! Ha ha.
Oh that was so hilarious!! Our first year here we had a possessed home alarm system that would go off at random times with the loudest noise ever. We did know what it was, but it was hard to turn off. I hated that thing with a passion!! Loud noise is scary! LOL, I do hope it helps with the diaper thing . . . If so, you can suggest it as a "therapy" or something for other offenders, LOL.
Post a Comment