Monday, March 1, 2010

I Think I Am Losing My Mind

Today my brain is all jumbled. WAY too much going on, way too much to think about, not nearly enough time to sit and really think about it all!

My oldest, Dawn, is 12 today. She is amazing. Really, I am humbled when I think about her. She blesses me daily with her help and, yes, even her friendship. (Is it a sign of immaturity when I enjoy hanging out with my 12 year old an awful lot?)

But, with her turning 12, I am again reminded that I am getting old. Ugh. I really really hate getting old. I was sure I would age gracefully, accepting the wrinkles and gray hairs and wisdom. Instead I feel like screaming.

Ok. I got a new computer and every now and then my screen suddenly has bigger type. I'm sure I'm accidentally hitting some combination of keys, but it really irritates me! (This commercial break brought to you by my brain.)

I'm pretty much typing exactly what is happening in my brain today, so you may not enjoy this very much. I'm not enjoying it very much today either. My brain is jumping from one thought to the next every other second.

Here is a sampling of all I keep thinking about: my grandmother is in the hospital with a broken hip; she fell because she was dizzy; her heart isn't good; my grandfather's heart isn't good either; how do we help them?; my microwave is dirty; I cleaned out my linen closet today; need to get to the laundry room next; we actually need to redo the laundry room; next Monday we might find out if we have a new assignment; if we do we really need to redo the laundry room; I really don't want to move right now; what all has to happen to sell this house?; or should we rent it?; the basement is a disaster; I need help to organize all of it down there; I probably should do that whether we're moving or not; definitely if we're moving; Little Bit has decided to strip instead of nap again; wonder if she peed in her crib again; ...

Yeah. Pretty much a random mess!

Better run. Eric's home (EARLY!!! well, it's 4:45). Need to make supper and brownies.

Oh, I should mention I'm WAY overtired and waiting for my coffee to kick in. :-0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I could tell you about my week, but you have too much going on already, and besides, I'm too tired. I think it's a full moon or something. I'm can't remember how to sign into Google, either, so this is anonymous.
Ranee